Jump to content

cannot unistall recuva


Neuromancer

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

An NSIS error usually means that there is something wrong with the installer/uninstaller that you are trying to run, or something wrong with app that you are trying to install/uninstall.

Often it happens because the download of the installer, or the install itself, was incomplete or corrupt.
Was your Recuva working OK?

So the first thing that I'd try would be to download the installer and reinstall Recuva (don't bother about uninstalling first it will just overwrite the old one), then try uninstalling it again.
You can get the installer here: https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/builds
Once downloaded double-click on 'rcsetup153.exe' to reinstall Recuva.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nukecad said:

An NSIS error usually means that there is something wrong with the installer/uninstaller that you are trying to run, or something wrong with app that you are trying to install/uninstall.

Often it happens because the download of the installer, or the install itself, was incomplete or corrupt.
Was your Recuva working OK?

So the first thing that I'd try would be to download the installer and reinstall Recuva (don't bother about uninstalling first it will just overwrite the old one), then try uninstalling it again.
You can get the installer here: https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/builds
Once downloaded double-click on 'rcsetup153.exe' to reinstall Recuva.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to uninstall, I've already reinstalled recuva and the error still remains. I tried to do the procedure indicated in the microsoft community pointed out, but I didn't have success either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Just to check what Windows version are you running?

Is Recuva installed in the standard folder?

C: /Programe Files/Recuva/

Unusual, or long, pathnames can cause the error.

A trick I have heard around NSIS error is to rename the 'uninstall.exe' to some other filename eg. 'anyword.exe' in File Explorer and then double click on it to run. (Never had to try that myself though).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my Win10 version:

Edição    Windows 10 Home Single Language
Versão    21H2
Instalado em    ‎09/‎03/‎2021
Compilação do SO    19044.1826
Experiência    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

I tried to rename the uninstaller, but the error still appears.

And no, recuva is not installed in the default folder, instead it is installed on another local disk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
14 hours ago, Neuromancer said:

And no, recuva is not installed in the default folder, instead it is installed on another local disk.

That could be the problem.

What I would try is in File Explorer move (Cut & Paste) the whole Recuva folder to C:\Program Files\ and then try uninstalling it again.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2022 at 07:29, nukecad said:

That could be the problem.

What I would try is in File Explorer move (Cut & Paste) the whole Recuva folder to C:\Program Files\ and then try uninstalling it again.

Hi folks,

 

it works! apparently the problem was the installation performed in third-party directory.

thanks a lot guys for all the help. congratulations to the Piriform community

solved problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.