CCleaner crashes at kick off

Hello

I use the 6 (automatically updated) licenced version of CCleaner Premium, and it crashes as soon as I kick it off :

image.png.430d444ba10e3d356e65eb6f85402623.png

When I uninstall this version and reinstall the 5.87 version, it works a little bit, and crash again (with or without updating this version).

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem, and has a solution ?

Thanks for return

Marc of Marseille

• Moderators

Trend Micro has been problematic with blocking CCleaner like this in the past.
CCleaner would either not launch at all, or would run once following an install and then not again.

You need to make sure that you have the latest version of TM - and you need to check the website not just from within your TM itself.
We have found in the past that TM will often say it's up to date when in fact there is a newer version on the website.
(For example TM 2019 would say it was up to date, but the latest was in fact TM 2020).

However I note that you have TM Apex One which is for endpoints - combined with the fact that you also have a Windows Educational version (and an old one at that) I'm guessing that the AV is being provided/managed by an educational establishment?

That being the case you probably can't change/update it yourself, and will have to contact whoever is providing it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the responses. Actually, I can't update TM Apex One, as an endpoint user, as you say. I'll see with my adminstrator.

I want to say however that CC showed no problem just a few weeks ago, and that there was no update of the AV...A little bit strange, isn't it ?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marcetflo13 said:

I want to say however that CC showed no problem just a few weeks ago, and that there was no update of the AV...A little bit strange, isn't it ?

Not particularly,

Although the AV version doesn't update, AVs update their definitions daily, (ie what they look for and what they will block), the better ones do it multiple times daily to keep up with 'threats' as they develop in the real world.

If an AV developer decides that nothing should access or change things in a particular location, and blocks access to it, then that also affects everything legitimate that tries to access that location or change/delete things there.
And sometimes they do overreach themselves and block things that they shouldn't realy be blocking - that's known as a False Positive.

However in this case TM Apex One may have only just started doing what it should have been doing all along.
I'm only guessing here but I suspect that TM Apex has decided they don't want anything 'user installed' that gives itself elevated user privileges on an endpoint.
And  of course CCleaner needs elevated privileges to clean things properly.
Really your system manager should be using/providing either CCleaner Business or CCleaner Cloud versions on endpoints, the CCleaner Home version is not designed to be used on endpoints.
(Just like you have TM Apex One for endpoints, which is different to TM for home use).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043