Your License Key and Name DO NOT MATCH

2 yrs paying for subscription and no one has resolved this problem for me .

Also reading on this forum there are literally hundreds of posts with this same issue !

I signed up just to point this out .... very concerning and I think this might be a good case for Consumer Affairs Australia .

From Jan 27th 2021 when I subscribed until today I have had no luck with activating PRO CCleaner, Recuva, Defraggler or Speccy !! (invoices attached)

Support takes forever to respond too .... tonight I have spent nearly 3hrs and nothing yet , this Zeth guy replied promptly on my first message but now waiting over 2 hrs for a response .... I think they do this on purpose so you give up .

I will register a complaint with Consumer Affairs and see what they advise me .

Cleverbridge Emails.jpg

Edited by Dave CCleaner
personal information in attachments removed

• Moderators

We often see cases where the wrong name or key is being tried, usually it's just a typing mistake, or mistaking a letter with a number in the key. (1 & I, 5 & S, etc.)

We have even seen some where the customer had spelled their own name wrongly when purchasing, so has to then spell it wrongly again to register the key.
You have to use the name exactly as it was given when registering.

Your Purchase confirmation email (not the invoices) should contain the registered name and key so you can copy/paste them from there into the registration boxes in the app(s).

Here is the support page about registering, which gives advice on common errors:
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043844-How-to-register-and-activate-CCleaner-Professional#do-i-need-to-register-my-ccleaner-professional--0-1

Note that with a Pro Plus bundle you have to register each product/app that you want to use within the product/app itself, using the same name/key each time.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

@gregarima

On 27/04/2022 at 16:42, gregarima said:

Also reading on this forum there are literally hundreds of posts with this same issue !

Not quite.  As @nukecad mentioned, in almost every case it's someone typing in a "1" instead of an "I" or something similar - but your is quite a bit rarer.

Looking back I can see that you had 3 successful registrations on this licence key back in 2020 that seemed to work fine for you.

However, your renewals were done with the first name "Greg" while your original purchase was done with the first name "Grigorios".  The registration instructions can get a bit wonky if you change your name and extend a licence key instead of being issued with a new one, since when the licence keys are created they are hashed against the name that you provided at the time. 

I would speculate that any trouble you've had recently with trying to register your licence were done entering your first name as "Greg"?  Try "Grigorios" as you did originally and it should work for you.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes