Windows asking to allow CCleaner to make changes

Clicking on CCleaner icon Windows asks to "allow CCleaner to make changes to this computer." Never has before and when I say yes and I click "Analyze" while running it comes up that Chrome has not closed> force to close > yes. Chrome was closed when I left it every time but it always comes up again and again. What's going on?

• Admin
2 hours ago, 157111130 said:

Clicking on CCleaner icon Windows asks to "allow CCleaner to make changes to this computer."

@157111130 You should be able to skip being asked that if you have enabled "Skip User Account Control warning" switched on in CCleaner.  If you go to Options > Advanced, is this box checked?

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

Chrome not closing can be a problem.

Mostly it's because you have it set to let things keep running in the background.
That can include gmail, youtube, and the like,

Sometimes its because Chrome itself has changed what it does, and so apps like CCleaner then have to play catch up.

If when CCleaner says it needs to close Chrome you don't do that but instead take a look in Windows Task Manager you should be able to spot what is keeping Chrome running.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043