Exclude Slack from Cleaning With CCleaner

• Admin

@Wolverine Man: Are you using Custom Clean?  If so, Slack would be a checkbox under Custom Clean > Applications and in the Applications section (after you scroll down from the browsers:

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I was aware of the Slack checkbox in the Applications tab of the Custom Clean. 

That Slack checkbox is unchecked (first screenshot), but CCleaner still tries to clean it.  The messages that come up are in the second screenshot.  

The issues that this causes is that CCleaner needs to shut down Slack in order to analyze it.  I get that.  Understood.  But when CCleaner shuts down Slack, Slack is not restarted.  Not realizing that this was the behavior for CCleaner, I ran for a couple of days without Slack being active on my desktop and I was missing messages that were being sent to me due to Slack not running.  I would rather not clean Slack and just keep it running all of the time. 

Anything to correct this behavior would be very much appreciated!  Thanks.            

Slack Unchecked.PNG

Slack Not Bypassed.PNG

• Moderators

I can see your problem.
It's actually a missunderstanding of the differences between Health Check and Custom Clean.

That pop-up 'Close & Analyze' box in your second screenshot is from Health Check.  Which tells me that you are using Health Check to clean.
(It's a different looking pop-up box in Custom Clean).
You can untick Slack in that pop-up box and Health Check will then skip it, but you'd have to do that everytime you run Health Check.

Unticking Slack in the lists for Custom Clean has no effect on Health Check.
You cannot customise Health Check.

Those ticks/unticks in the lists only apply to Custom Clean - they do not apply to Health Check which always uses it's own cleaning rules.

If you want CCleaner to automatically leave Slack alone (and not give you that pop-up) then you have to stop using Health Check and only use Custom Clean with Slack unticked in the list.

You can set Custom Clean to be the default that CCleaner opens to: Options>Settings>CCleaner Home Screen

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043