Backup options in Registry and Startup sections

ozgeek

Hi. I've been using CCleaner for years. It's great! :D

There are some missing options I'd like:

When you do a registry cleanup and look through the startup section they modify the registry. What I'd like to have are buttons at the bottom to backup so I can backup if desired and then click the cleanup buttons to clean it up. Yes I know you get a message when doing a regsitry cleanup but I'd rather have it as a button so I can when needed, click it to backup those affected keys in the registry.

RegSeeker (other registry cleaner I use in conjunction with CCleaner) does this as a pre-caution measure and I would like to see it implemented into CCleaner as well.

Hello and Welcome.

You are not being clear about your request because CCleaner does ask to back up. <_<

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hello and Welcome.

You are not being clear about your request because CCleaner does ask to back up. <_<

I think he acknowledges that:

Yes I know you get a message when doing a regsitry cleanup...

He's however right in that when editing the Startup and Uninstall sections there is no backup prompt

Certainly, but that doesn't work for the Uninstall ("Add-Remove Programs") section...

In fact, a while ago I requested a 'Regedit Jump" option, so that you could easily jump to the HKLM\Software\Mocrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall regkey in order to make sure what exactly it was you were having CC remove. Aa 'Backup' button could possibly be of use here as well.

As for the Startup section, although in principle I definitely agree with Andavari, once in a while you may indeed want to remove an orphaned startup entry belonging to an application that has already been uninstalled

Incidentally, a backup of the registry keys in question would by definition exclude startups launching from the Startup folder as opposed to the Registry.

Anyway, some more food for thought, I guess... ;)

• Moderators

Certainly, but that doesn't work for the Uninstall ("Add-Remove Programs") section...

I misinterpreted (or was guilty of skim reading). However just deleting Startup entries without an undo does bug me.

In fact, a while ago I requested a 'Regedit Jump" option, so that you could easily jump to the HKLM\Software\Mocrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall regkey in order to make sure what exactly it was you were having CC remove.

Ah, something like Syinternals Regjump, but instead built into CCleaner. Sort of the way it also works in RegSeeker (well sometimes it works in RegSeeker).