Driver Update caused BSD

BenRiver

I just used the new Driver Update feature to update my USB drivers. Upon reboot, I got the BSD. Windows was able to recover to a recent restore point. Luckily for me, I didn't update all the drivers suggested by CCleaner.

These are the drivers CCleaner attempted to update: image.thumb.png.4952e17f2cb20aa8e37d7d7aecb572d5.png

• Admin

Hi @BenRiver

Thanks for flagging it. Our development team is currently looking into this.

Does the support team has permission to contact you via email, using the same email address that is registered to your forums account? Or you would prefer to reach out to them directly via email, using support@ccleaner.com. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can contact me, sure. I don't know what you want to contact me about. I'm not going to use driver update. I'm going to go directly to the motherboard/chipset/CPU manufacturer for their recommended updates that I'm pretty sure will not be the same as the ones CCleaner is recommending. It's just not worth the risk of having my desktop screwed up.

Guest Andrei CCleaner

Sorry to hear that @BenRiver . Our team will continue to work on our feature to improve it even more in the near future.

Hope you have a nice day !