Update 5.78 not installing 3-25-21, and then. . .

Just notified that update 5.78 is available for CCleaner Pro (I'm on CCleaner Pro 5.77,  on win 10 home) clicked update, appeared to download then nothing - no install - it just shut down. Back to Desktop. Odd - that never happened with you guys before. Went to CCleaner folder in File Explorer and there was a temp update folder for update 5.78 there with an application file inside. Ran it (as admin) and it asked me to confirm that the app could make changes, yes, and then ran as expected as it installed, presumably 5.78. Completed. Then nothing - back to desktop. Usually the installer opens up CCleaner to confirm update. Not this time. When I opened it manually, it was still on 5.77 (5.77.8521) 

s**t. Nevermind. (I mean good)

Opened it again (to get full version number above) and it installed automatically as it tried to open, message box said Welcome to the newest Version of CCleaner. (Thanks) Yeah, it's at 5.78 (5.78.8558), but that's a little weird, right? I'm going to post this in case it's of interest to anyone, for info only, NO ACTION REQUIRED at this time (apparently).

Thanks, guys - (sorry to bother you)  --mg

• Moderators

Interesting, but puzzling as to just what may have happened to cause that.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Once is a ??? Two users seeing the same thing is a possible glitch.

I've flagged the staff to this thread.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I'm running Win 10 and use the free version of CCleaner. I've seen the same thing, but still experiencing the issue, and... I have a somewhat unique twist. The evening of 3/25 I coincidentally had a power outage - occurred while I had CCleaner open, and I presumed was running a clean. I "assumed" the power outage had corrupted something. None the less, I proceeded to try the update, but it froze as described in earlier posts. Had to use Task Manager to close the locked up window. Insert qualifier - I am not a computer whiz. Unfortunately, I know just enough to be dangerous and perhaps do more harm that good. I've presumed the "fix" would be to uninstall and reinstall. So... I have run: CCleaner uninstall, used Revo Uninstaller, did CMD run as administrator and opened C:\Program Files to attempt to delete the CCleaner folder - unsuccessful. Deleted the update file and got a new download. Still having the same problem. I really like CCleaner. Really don't want to get "professional, ie; $$$" assistance (sign of the times). Hope someone can talk me through this - HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!