CCleaner

smiley

Since I have cleaned out registry, now a window keeps popping up saying Microsoft Syncronation has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Could this be due to the cleaning? I have saved backup but is there anyway to know what to delete and what stuff to leave alone? I don't want to put back all the crap because alot of it was truely crap left over from uninstalled programs.

when does this message pop up?

just on a reboot?

Microsoft Synchronization could be from almost any program so its hard to pinpoint the problem.

what OS are you running? ex, 98, XP, 200...

when does this message pop up?

just on a reboot?

Microsoft Synchronization could be from almost any program so its hard to pinpoint the problem.

what OS are you running? ex, 98, XP, 200...

Sorry for being so vague.....I have windows media center XP sp2...250gb hard drive, 1gb memory..also microsoft office..Spybot Search and Destroy, CCleaner, Adaware SE,Zone alarm firewall, Avg Free anti virus...just to name some of what might be important software info

The message pops up at startup shutdown and periodically while on internet.

i did some searching and i didnt find much <_<

my guess would be that its from microsoft office or microsoft outlook or microsoft address book, ect...

go to start, run. type in msconfig.

go to startup and uncheck microsoft office and any others corrisponding to microsofts "add-on" programs.

reboot and let me know if you are still getting the same problem.

IF SO, open up notepad and copy/paste this in there and save it as checker.bat then run it.

then post back the log that pops up.

regedit /e checker1.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"regedit /e checker2.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"copy checker1.txt + checker2.txt = result.txtdel /q checker1.txtdel /q checker2.txtnotepad result.txtdel /q result.txt

i did some searching and i didnt find much <_<

my guess would be that its from microsoft office or microsoft outlook or microsoft address book, ect...

go to start, run. type in msconfig.

go to startup and uncheck microsoft office and any others corrisponding to microsofts "add-on" programs.

reboot and let me know if you are still getting the same problem.

IF SO, open up notepad and copy/paste this in there and save it as checker.bat then run it.

then post back the log that pops up.

regedit /e checker1.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"regedit /e checker2.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"copy checker1.txt + checker2.txt = result.txtdel /q checker1.txtdel /q checker2.txtnotepad result.txtdel /q result.txt

I feel sort of silly, but I thought I should let you know that I think I may have found the problem. Just after I ran the cleaner I also did a Zone Alarm firewall update. I noticed in the program control window that Microsoft Synchronization Manager did not have access to computer or internet. I've since allowed it access and pop up window has not come back. Thanks very much for all your effort.