Constant cleaning of browser is annoying

I have Ccleaner version 5.77.8448. I reported last year that the full product seems to constantly clean the browser. It was recommended by this forum to uninstall the product and re-install it again. That was in effective as the problem has continued unabated. The two problems I see is that there is a call out someplace within the code to clean if the browser exceeds 2MB of data. This is presented in a displayed as a broadcast to whatever software is open on desktop. So, my recommendation to the developers is to resize the broadcast to be maintained in the hidden icons which can be accessed if necessary. Also as second recommendation, to provide some sort of control panel to regulate the amount cleaned or for that matter let it default to the cleaning of the browser after the browser is closed. If the browser is not in use why is the program cleaning the browser? Explain that to me.

• Admin
2 hours ago, alejack12001 said:

the full product seems to constantly clean the browser

@alejack12001: are you referring to the automatic browser cleaning?  What have you set as your preferred rules under Options > Smart Cleaning?

image.png

Additional note: It seems that @nukecad and I answered this at the same time.  Read his response - it is much more informative.

Edited by Dave CCleaner
snap

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

To answer your question first:
While the browser is not closed then it will be building up junk files on the system, even if not being used browsers are doing things like pre-loading in the background.
If you have Smart Cleaning enabled the that junk will be cleaned if/when it builds up to the junk limit specified.
For CCleaner Free that limit is fixed , with CCleaner Pro you can change it to whatever you want.

So to solve your issues simply turn off Smart Cleaning and it won't clean anything so won't notify you of anything.

Everything else that you are asking for is already there on the Smart Cleaning page.

Turning Smart Cleaning on/off, and turning on/off the notifications that you are complaining about can both be done in CCleaner Free.
image.png

With CCleaner Pro you can set everything that you ask for above.

You can set the level of junk that builds up before Smart Cleaning cleans, with extra options as to whether it gives you an on screen notification or not.
(In the screenshot below it's set to clean when junk builds up to 1 GB, clean with no notification)

Automatic browser cleaning cleans a browser when you close it - if you set it to do so.
You can customize it for each browser you use to clean on closing or not, notify you or not.

You can set Junk and Browser cleaning on or off independently, so you can have one but not the other.
Or you can turn Smart Cleaning off altogether.

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043