Ccleaner Pro Process disapear ( Cleaner quit ) Without message.

Gringan

Hello.

I got a new pc , i installed ccleaner on a fresh windows install , i dont know why but ccleaner icon disapear from task bar and when i check process , it is not in list.

I have to restart it every time.

I already tryed to unistall . But same thing.

Anyone can help plz ?

Thanks

• Moderators

I think that you are missunderstanding what the different settings do.

'Launch the CCleaner app window each time the computer starts' puts a flashing icon in the system tray when the computer starts, but ony for seconds while the clean is running and it disappears when the clean has finished.

There are two functions that will keep an icon in the system tray (not flashing) these are:

1. Smart Cleaning: If you have Smart Cleaning enabled it needs to run in the background to monitor for junk building up, or for a browser being closed.
  2. 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically': This needs to run in the background to periodically check if an update is avaiable. (I believe it checks every 12 hours).

If either of those options is selected then you will get the icon in  the system tray because it is running in the background .
(If you manualy close it then those functions will stop working).

If you just want a CCleaner icon on the taskbar so that you can launch CCleaner quickly then open file explorer and browse to:
C:\Program Files\CCleaner
Right-click on CCleaner64.exe, and in the menu that comes up click 'Pin to taskbar'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

There are two functions that will keep an icon in the system tray (not flashing) these are:

1. Smart Cleaning: If you have Smart Cleaning enabled it needs to run in the background to monitor for junk building up, or for a browser being closed.
  2. 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically': This needs to run in the background to periodically check if an update is avaiable. (I believe it checks every 12 hours).

Both are active.

I have it installed on 2 pc

it works on first.

My new pc have same settings. When i quit firefox or edge , instead of cleaning , process disapear from task manager ( process is killed , no message , nothing )

I would like to know how i can fix.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for poor english ;)

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Gringan said:

When i quit firefox or edge , instead of cleaning , process disapear from task manager ( process is killed , no message , nothing )

I would like to know how i can fix.

I understand now what is happening for you.
This is a bug in CCleaner that is affecting some people but not everyone, it is know about and is being investigated.

Smart Cleaning is cleaning the browser.
But it is then closing the closing the background task for Smart Cleaning, which it shouldn't do and is why the icon disappears.

Until it is fixed there is something that you can do.
When you have closed the browser and the CCleaner icon disappears simply open and close CCleaner and Smart Cleaning will restart and the icon will come back.
You don't need to do anything in CCleaner, just open and close it, - (but while it's open you could run a clean just to make sure that the browser has been cleaned).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043