PS2 vs PS3

PS3

• Moderators

It makes me sad that you Sony fanboys can be fed with lies after lies. And no, the 360 does not play Blu-Ray.

Wow you take this seriously don't you? Its just video games man, not the most important thing in the world.

Anway at this point I own Gamecube, PS2, XBOX and I have no plans what so ever to buy another game system as long as I live. :P I do like my ps2 the best because it has the better games in my opinion(MGS, Jak, Rachet, Grand Turismo, Socom)

I bought my Xbox to play halo, ninja gaiden, and fable(all great games). I own more but those are my favorites. The system that gets the least play from me is the gamecube but thats about to change as soon as the new zelda game comes out this november(looks so good). I play lots of computer games too(Unreal 2004 is my addiction).

If I was going to buy a next gen system I would probably get the PS3 because MGS4 looks amazing! Also I want to play the new game from the ratchet developers(a FPS but I cant remember the name) and killzone 2 looks crazy as well.

I can play most of the 360 games on my pc anyway and they will look better. :P

i dont care about that link. i pre-ordered it about 3 weeks ago and i paid the full amount of AU$900.

and as i said. i will be getting my parents smaller HDTV, the 22".

It makes me sad that you Sony fanboys can be fed with lies after lies. And no, the 360 does not play Blu-Ray.

Thats very funny. I am not a Sony fanboy as you put it, I simply buy the best console with the best games. X-Box is not that. Why would anyone buy a console which is basically a PC without the PC functions?!?! I have yet to see an X-Box 360 game that has impressed me, I am not anti X-Box just don't see anything new with it. At least Sony are attempting to push the limits with PS3.

Wow you take this seriously don't you? Its just video games man, not the most important thing in the world.

Anway at this point I own Gamecube, PS2, XBOX and I have no plans what so ever to buy another game system as long as I live. :P I do like my ps2 the best because it has the better games in my opinion(MGS, Jak, Rachet, Grand Turismo, Socom)

I bought my Xbox to play halo, ninja gaiden, and fable(all great games). I own more but those are my favorites. The system that gets the least play from me is the gamecube but thats about to change as soon as the new zelda game comes out this november(looks so good). I play lots of computer games too(Unreal 2004 is my addiction).

If I was going to buy a next gen system I would probably get the PS3 because MGS4 looks amazing! Also I want to play the new game from the ratchet developers(a FPS but I cant remember the name) and killzone 2 looks crazy as well.

I can play most of the 360 games on my pc anyway and they will look better. :P

Might be just video games, but I'm sick of going on to boards and reading false information.

i dont care about that link. i pre-ordered it about 3 weeks ago and i paid the full amount of AU$900.

and as i said. i will be getting my parents smaller HDTV, the 22".

That's great. Good luck getting that one grand, though.

Thats very funny. I am not a Sony fanboy as you put it, I simply buy the best console with the best games. X-Box is not that. Why would anyone buy a console which is basically a PC without the PC functions?!?! I have yet to see an X-Box 360 game that has impressed me, I am not anti X-Box just don't see anything new with it. At least Sony are attempting to push the limits with PS3.

well said mate.

pretty soon, everyone will be having a BD Player. and the smart way to do it is to buy the PS3 because its cheaper.

That's great. Good luck getting that one grand, though.

yeah thanks. im getting it for less than one grand. thats what ive been telling you all along. you dont seem to get it.

Ok, so what games on the PS3 have impressed you?

yeah thanks. im getting it for less than one grand. thats what ive been telling you all along. you dont seem to get it.

Ok, lets say you DO buy the 20GB version, you told me you also pre-ordered a game and an extra controller. Which equals over $1,000.

the list goes on dude.

my top 10

1. Devil May Cry 4

2. Vision Gran Turismo

3. Mortal Kombat 7

4. Final Fantasy XIII

5. F.E.A.R 2

6. Project IM

7. Alan Wake

8. Resident Evil 5

9. Prince of Persia 4

10. Eye Dentify

(not in any specific order)

what are you talking about? im getting 2 wireless controllers and a game with the 60GB hard drive for AU$900. its as simple as that.

the list goes on dude.

my top 10

1. Devil May Cry 4

2. Vision Gran Turismo

3. Mortal Kombat 7

4. Final Fantasy XIII

5. F.E.A.R 2

6. Project IM

7. Alan Wake

8. Resident Evil 5

9. Prince of Persia 4

10. Eye Dentify

(not in any specific order)

what are you talking about? im getting 2 wireless controllers and a game with the 60GB hard drive for AU$900. its as simple as that.

Well that's BS.

And the games you mentioned...

1. Devil May Cry 4

2. Vision Gran Turismo - All it is is Gran Turismo 4 in HD. Can you say REHASH?

3. Mortal Kombat 7 - Hasn't been announced.

4. Final Fantasy XIII

5. F.E.A.R 2 - On the 360.

6. Project IM - On the 360.

7. Alan Wake - It's not even on PS3. EXCLUSIVE to the 360.

8. Resident Evil 5 - On the 360.

9. Prince of Persia 4 - Will be on the 360.

10. Eye Dentify - You mean Eyetoy?

Wanna see my list?

Gears of War

Crackdown

Saints Row

Mass Effect

Dead Rising

Too Human

Splinter Cell 4 (It's on PS2, but there is no PS3 version)

Halo 3

Fable 2

Forza 2

Alan Wake

BioShock

APB

Huxley

Viva Pinata

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

..just to name a few.

Mortal Kombat 7 has been announced. it going to be out firstly on PS3 and then the 360. http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/gamepage/45.html

Halo 3 isnt out yet.

no, i dont mean Eyetoy, i mean Eye Dentify

i dont care if the games will be or is on the 360. the PS3 will make those games look better.

you're getting mixed up. Gran Turismo HD is GT4 in HD but Vision Gran Turismo is GT5.

Alan Wake will be on the PS3 - http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/gamepage/69.html

Mortal Kombat 7 has been announced. it going to be out firstly on PS3 and then the 360. http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/gamepage/45.html

Halo 3 isnt out yet.

no, i dont mean Eyetoy, i mean Eye Dentify

i dont care if the games will be or is on the 360. the PS3 will make those games look better.

you're getting mixed up. Gran Turismo HD is GT4 in HD but Vision Gran Turismo is GT5.

Alan Wake will be on the PS3 - http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/gamepage/69.html

I don't believe that article about MK7 for a second. The article was from 2004. And there has been no news for it. Besides, if it was real it mentions coming to "Xbox 2" (the article was made before the announcement of the Xbox 360 name).

Halo 3 isn't out yet. Ah durr? The PS3 isn't out yet? So what's your point?

The article about Alan Wake is 1 year old.

Alan Wake is exclusive to PC and Xbox 360 only. It's published by Microsoft (which should be enough proof alone).

i dont care what you believe in.

and that alan wake will be exclusive to PC and 360 published by MS. wheres the link to support your answer?

im getting the 360 as well, but only when Halo 3 and FABLE 2 comes out.

you're going way off topic anyway. this thread is talking about PS2 vs PS3 not about the 360 vs PS3. start a topic about 360 vs PS3 and i'll argue all day with you, though it wouldnt make much difference anyway!

i dont care what you believe in.

and that alan wake will be exclusive to PC and 360 published by MS. wheres the link to support your answer?

im getting the 360 as well, but only when Halo 3 and FABLE 2 comes out.

you're going way off topic anyway. this thread is talking about PS2 vs PS3 not about the 360 vs PS3. start a topic about 360 vs PS3 and i'll argue all day with you, though it wouldnt make much difference anyway!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wake

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ala...l?q=Alan%20wake

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/743/743608.html

Enough proof for you?

Show me a link from a credible site (I.E GameSpot or IGN) about MK7.

Why not just keep it in this thread?

yeah, thats enough.

why not keep it in this thread you say? well, firstly the thread title says PS2 vs PS3 and not Xbox 360 vs PS3.

start a new topic. i'll discuss these issues on there. im not making one because im not a fan of the 360.