CCleaner Smart Clean Monitoring

mrmatt

Hi there :)

Don't know whether this is just because of my system, or whether other users are also experiencing the same problem, but here goes:

Recently updated to the latest version (5.74.8198), it is the free version.  We have Windows 10 Home (64-Bit), 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630).

As a matter of choice, I don't want Smart Cleaning monitoring on.  In Options, Smart Cleaning, I have unchecked both boxes (Tell me when, and Enable Smart Cleaning).  In the Startup section when it appears, I have both disabled and deleted this entry.

However, I still find that even after closing the program, in the notification icons section of the taskbar, the CCleaner icon is there.  This I find annoying.  Sometimes I can get rid of it, sometimes I can't.  This, I assume, means it's running in the background, even when I don't want it to be, taking up memory and more processes.  It is also a small problem on this machine, as it doesn't have that much RAM, but obviously that's not Piriforms fault.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll run CCleaner when I choose to, to analyse what needs to be cleaned. 

Is there anything I can do please, to stop the automatic enabling of Smart Cleaning monitoring with CCleaner, as I have tried everything I can think of ?  Is this a known issue, do other users find this, because it seems as though the program is maybe ignoring my wishes ?

Thanks for any input with this matter.

• Moderators

See here, it should be fixed. Perhaps check your settings again? Also do you have CC set to run at boot in Options...Settings

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59498-new-update-leaves-ccleaner-running-on-system-tray-after-its-closed/?tab=comments#comment-324891

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi, thanks for your reply.

'Run CCleaner when the computer starts' was already unchecked.

I didn't realise 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically' might be causing the issue, so I've unchecked that now.  I've still got 'Send notifications when there is a new version' checked though, or should I turn off that off too ?

Actually, this time I booted it wasn't there, so it wasn't doing it every time.

Your advice though seems as though it has probably cured it (after exiting CCleaner), but I'll keep an eye on it over the next day, and see what happens.

Thanks once again.

Edited by mrmatt