Hmmm... Something's not right

Rabelais

I just installed v5.70 and looked at Tools > Software Updater.  It lists VirtualBox as needing update, but the version numbers are not correct, and the current version is already installed.  Could it be related to the dash in VB's version number? 

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 10/08/2020 at 16:08, Rabelais said:

I just installed v5.70 and looked at Tools > Software Updater.  It lists VirtualBox as needing update, but the version numbers are not correct, and the current version is already installed.  Could it be related to the dash in VB's version number? 

Thanks for the report, we'll try to get this resolved.

My CCleaner v5.70 now shows VirtualBox as an up-to-date program.  It was not an earth-shaking issue; thanks for the fix.  It appears to replace the dash in the extended version number with a dot, but leaves the digits intact.  Not sure why Oracle chose to be non-standard, but that also is not shaking anything.  Thanks, Stephen. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Threads have been merged so that previous issue can be seen.

Is this new message coming from Windows or from CCleaner?
Could you screenshot it?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Aah, yes I see what you mean.

I agree that it is particularly bad wording,  and could well look like something is actually faulty with your computer.

It is nothing to worry about if that message is coming from Health Check, it is not the same as if it is coming from Windows.
(The CCleaner developers are sometimes are a bit careless with their wording).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043