MSIE temp internet files deleted when IE not running

I never use MS Internet Explorer; I do not see any sign of it in Task Manager's 3 sections, yet every time I run CCleaner v.5.69.7865 it is reporting deletion of **numerous** 'Temporary Internet Files' (TIF) - but no Cookies or Session files(??).  I can let the PC run idle for say 15 minutes and CCleaner still picks maybe 135 more TIF's. 
I've run Malwarebytes and Webroot scanners and nothing is found.
The same issue is on my wife's PC.  Both PC's with Win 10 Home 2004 and Win 10 Pro 2004, respectively.

• Moderators

Many things Microsoft/Windows use Internet Explorer's temporary file locations, it's just a convienent place to put temporary files without having to make separate places to put them.
Apps that aren't even from Microsoft will use those locations for temporary files and for the same reason.

For instance MS Edge (old edge) will do it, Skype will, so will any live tiles that you have on your menu (Weather, news, etc), and so on.

If you are not actually using IE then that is why there are no cookies or sessions there, the files that are there are coming from other things than IE that are just using the location as a convinent place to put temporary files.

They are all temporary files that can be deleted, but because of where they have been put CCleaner just calls them all 'Temporary Internet Files'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Third party antivirus (Avira, etc.,) would use that area to download updates, I don't know if they still do because I haven't bothered installed any of them on my Win10 laptop. Tons of programs in the past at least use that area.