Firefox Beta 1 is lame

grabacontroller

I just tried Firefox 2.0 beta1.

I haven't used it much yet, but it works very good so far. No crashes. It is very stable.

E, you can't say that it's very stable if you haven't used it very much, and only used it on one machine. A few minutes of a program working fine on 1 machine does not constitute a stable program. It's obviously crashing on other systems, and therefore, is not stable. It's nice that it's working alright for you though. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I don't like the new tab system with a close button on every tab, but I found a way to put it back to the classic style used in earlier versions. (using about:config)

Thank heavens for that, I hate TAB X, it's so ugly. Just switch off your tabs by centre clicking, what could be easier? I use colorful tabs and to see a bloody big red X in the corner of every one is unthinkable.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

E, you can't say that it's very stable if you haven't used it very much, and only used it on one machine. A few minutes of a program working fine on 1 machine does not constitute a stable program. It's obviously crashing on other systems, and therefore, is not stable. It's nice that it's working alright for you though. :)

You're right. Others have had problems with it. And I shouldn't claim that it is very stable since I haven't used it much. What I should have said is that it seems stable for me, so far.

Now I have had some more time to use it, and it still hasn't done anything unexpected yet. Seems to work good.

Thank heavens for that, I hate TAB X, it's so ugly. Just switch off your tabs by centre clicking, what could be easier? I use colorful tabs and to see a bloody big red X in the corner of every one is unthinkable.

Yeah, you can change that, type about:config in the address bar. Now search for "browser.tabs.closeButtons", if it isn't there, then add that. If you put value "3" on it, it will act like Firefox 1.5. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png