Hotfix Uninstallers finally fixed?

Jon Jon

I have the latest edition of Crap Cleaner, but I am still not sure if it's safe to use the Hotfix Uninstallers option in the program.

I know there was a problem with an older version of the program, but I'm reading conflicting messages from people on the forum as to the safety of this option - i.e. will this cause problems in the future, etc.

My analize scan resulted in 326 mb of data to be removed. I don't know if that's average, or not. I really have no plan on reversing any of my Hotfixes, so if I can get rid of all that; all the better.

Just what is the final word on this option?

The change log from the official CCleaner homepage:

v1.28.277

- Updated Hotfix Uninstaller cleaning...

By updated, MrG is saying it was fixed, so no worries! :)

As long as you aren't using version 1.27, you shouldn't have any Hotfix Uninstaller errors.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

Yeah, however after removing the hotfix uninstallers make sure you run the Issues until no references pointing to the removed hotfix uninstallers are listed.

Optional: RegSeeker is needed to remove the invalid references CCleaner won't detect.

I would like to add that it's not safe to use the hotfix uninstaller if you're using IE7 Beta. The uninstaller for IE7 is a hotfix uninstaller, so CCleaner will delete it. That is the only glich, oh, and the same for SP2. If you downloaded SP2 the uninstaller is a hotfix uninstaller. Aside from those two apps you are fine.

:)

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I'm a little new to all this so forgive the ignorance... So let's say you have IE7 Beta 2 and do delete the hotfix (like I just did), are you stuck with it forever? Is there a way to uninstall it without that hotfix?

I'm a little new to all this so forgive the ignorance... So let's say you have IE7 Beta 2 and do delete the hotfix (like I just did), are you stuck with it forever? Is there a way to uninstall it without that hotfix?

One of the members here, AndyManchesta, uploaded the IE7 beta 2 uninstaller for people who accidentally delete it using CCleaner. Send him a PM if you need it. ;) Or do a search, because he posted it here somewhere.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)