Does CCleaner work in Windows Vista?

bjhfiles

:unsure:

I have upgraded to Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384. CCleaner was indispensable to me in XP Pro but I don't want to install it till I know for sure that it works. I had bad luck with another freeware program that crashed my system (Daemon Tools). I got back online with system restore but I don't want to go through that again. I also found an older version of Daemon Tools that works (V3.33).

Does anyone know if CCleaner will work on Vista?

as far as I can see from here,..., yes it does,..., question is how,...,

The program probably needs some adaptation on Vista, since there are some MRU-entries within the OS-Windows-Registry that are not yet taken care off by CCleaner.

since Vista is still beta, CCleaner will be slowly adapted till the final Windows-Vista version will be released, I guess.

Oliver

Try running Vista in comptability mode... Windows XP SP2.

Should be Right Click -> Properties -> Compatability Tab.

At least, that's how you do it in XP.

CCleaner works fine in Vista, for me. Didn't have to do anything different.

• Moderators

Ok, it seems like its time to confront this once again. -_-

Eldmannen your posts are pretty much useless. Your constant posting of the exact same things in every topic when they have absolutely nothing to do with the topic is not only annoying but its ruining the discussions. Nothing is getting accomplished because people are too bussy arguing with you. Its ruining the forums atmosphere and ability to get anything solved.

Examples would be any topic about ccleaner issues. In almost every one you try to bring up a discussion about the toolbar. It's off topic and distracts from the solving of whatever the issue might be.

Other examples would be topics about vista like this one where you try to start a debate when thats not what was asked for. This person wants to know if cclenaer will work not why you dont like vista.

This is your one and only warning, keep your posts constructive and on topic or you will simply be asked to stop posting.

I do understand that this post of mine is off topic as well and this thread will be cleaned up as soon as I'm sure the necessary people have read it.