Is This Anti-Virus Already In CCleaner? I'm Not Sure.

PicAFlic

Hello,

I know that most Anti-Virus' keep logs about their updates and that takes up alot of space on your hard drive. I used to have AVG Free and CCleaner took care of the update logs for me. Now however, I've switched to eTrust and was wondering if CCleaner already has eTrust in it to remove those files or not. Also if you don't have it yet, another good thing to add is eTrust's PestPatrol to. I know that they must have update logs because Ad-aware does, and like I said above CCleaner takes care of that, but every time that I run CCleaner, none of the files that I saw had eTrust in the file name. Well, I hope this helps to make CCleaner one of the best (if not THE BEST) cleaning utility out there.

• Moderators

eTrust has changed the name of their security software, it went from: 'eTrust EZ Armor' to 'eTrust Internet Security Suite', and thus the program files folder structure has completely changed. If CCleaner isn't detecting where the logs are it's time to update by downloading a new eTrust setup file.

I used to use a custom winapp2.ini entry to clean out the old now obsolete EZ Antivirus (which sadly never seems to fully update/upgrade itself like AVG Free does) I had installed, however the newer/newest version(s) of EZ Antivirus is cleaned by CCleaner out-of-the-box so to say, and its cleaning routine was just recently updated in v1.29.295 to deal with a folder named ArcTemp that can get out-of-hand with undeleted archive temporary files.