Uninstall feature

gtbase

Love the Ccleaner program, but I have a question regarding the Uninstall portion of the options. The listing of items in the uninstall list of CCleaner shows programs that don't show up in the Add/Delete Programs list in my XP Control Panel. I don't recognize these items, but I don't know if they are okay to uninstall. Can anyone advise how I can find out what these programs are and what they are attached too?

gtbase, just be carefull I found 5 items in there & I didn,t recognise & deleted them,Later I found out they were a bundle for My Internet provider, I had no problems I just had to reinstall the disk, But i have netzero & theyre perty shady anyway, Just wait for someone that knows for sure,Cowboy

Hi Cowboy.

I have NZ too. What did you find that you think they installed? I know they install everything in the background but I don't think I have anything bad right now.

Of course I don't really know what to look for.

Thanks.

Hey Mike, as far as i,m concerned with netzero it,s all bad, but I dont have any choice right now, I cant remember exactly what it was that i got rid off, but I beleive some of them had (united online) & or (nz) (provider list),,I think All I know after I deleted them I had to reinstall netzero,,Netzero actually installs its version of the about blank virus,,,allthough not dangerous its full of tracking cookies,,,I tried to switch to people pc, But you have to have sp2 for it to run right,,so untill I,m legal I,m stuck with, getting kicked off every 2 hours to listen to there ads,,,Oh well,,Just be carefull what You get rid of They have stuff buried in all kinds of places, Cowboy

I've looked around the forums as I remember this question being asked not too long ago, and as usual, I can't find the thread!

The answer was something along the lines that Windows XP Add/Delete feature hides certain things that CCleaner lists, and these are things that shouldn't be uninstalled, but beyond that I can't remember the answer, sorry.

The thread is here somewhere, and from the past 2 or 3 weeks...

EDIT:

found it!

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5166

Thanks for the responses. The two programs that I questioned were called AiOSoftware, and AiOScan. I should have given it a thought that if XP didn't show them, maybe they shouldn't be deleted; but I am such a freak about junk being on my computer. Anyway rather than deleting them, I put AiOSoftware into a search and found that it means All In One software. The blog that I found it on says that AiO had to do with HP products, and since I have an HP All In One Printer/Scanner/Copier - I'm going to go with leaving them installed! Has anyone on this board ever heard of other AiO Software?