How & Why to amend - non-Windows 10 cleaning in Free Version

New to this so please be gentle!!!

Using CCleaner since it was Cr*pClearner.

If Piriform/Avast do not correct the skip facility when using CC to remove Win 10 entries, there are two observations to be drawn;

1.     Piriform want to MAKE/FORCE users to pay for Pro CC, if, that is the case, then, why not offer;

Pro CC for 40% discount for 1 licence, 50% for 2, 60% for 3 and 75% for 4 and convert its free user data base!!!! [that must be worth millions $

2.    Piriform is happy to WATCH Win 10 retain/contain your information to 'swerve around' current Data Protection Legislation???

Dom

• Moderators

The cleaning abilities (or lack there of) are not different between free vs pro (sure pro has a few more paid for features but it's not a vast difference). You don't have to take my word for it just scour through old posts where even paying pro users have issues with some things not being able to be cleaned (such issues were and still are pretty much non-existent on old OSes like Windows XP).

Some of the lack of cleaning issues "could possibly be sorted" if they'd go back to being able to delete things after a system reboot using 'pending file rename operation to delete a file(s)' that's existed as long as dirt, but they took that ability out many years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to correct some of my first comments posted 15/01/19:

"If Piriform/Avast do not correct the skip facility when using CC to remove Win 10 entries" - Latter should read Windows EDGE entries

It is Edge that takes control of the PC for start up and CCleaner 2nd latest addition always 'Skips Cleaning' so for the time being I have reverted to an earlier download of CC which, will clean all, but, now as back-up cleaner use [competition] to re-do the same and much more in-depth cleaning.

Thank you for confirming the Pro version offers little more against the free version. I read a forum listing which someone have come up with a work-round for CC to clean the edge skipped entry, but, that was by using CC Pro.

Thank you

Edited by Nergal
competition software name

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dom Fox said:

Thank you for confirming the Pro version offers little more against the free version. I read a forum listing which someone have come up with a work-round for CC to clean the edge skipped entry, but, that was by using CC Pro.

A work around for pro should still work on free.  What was the work around?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com