Is version 5.46 working well?

jengr2015

I'm using the Business edition and the command line options /Clean /analyze, etc do not work.  I submitted a bug report quite a while ago but nothing has been fixed.  I was using the free edition and the only reason I purchased the business edition is for the command line stuff.  Go figure.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rag said:

I'm using the Business edition and the command line options /Clean /analyze, etc do not work.  I submitted a bug report quite a while ago but nothing has been fixed.  I was using the free edition and the only reason I purchased the business edition is for the command line stuff.  Go figure.

The next update fixes the /auto but this is the first i've seen reported for other cmdline actions.  I was going to point you to the beta but then realized that the beta isn't BE and wouldn't act on those actions.  When you say you've sent a bug report, did you mean you contacted them from https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've sent a flag on this to the developers.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes.  In fact I sent them two.  The first time I discovered this was in the 5.45 release (the one they recalled) and I sent them a report.  I received a reply stating that it had been recalled.

So I waited till the 5.46 release and the command line options mentioned above still don't work.   This is the command line I'm using:

/Clean "Z:\Logs\ccleaner.log"

It starts to run, shows the icon in the systray, then quits in about 1/2 second, no messages, no nothing.  The last know version that it is working is 5.44.6575 which is what I'm using now.

I did receive a reply to my support request on 9/4 as follows:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

I have passed your request on to our 2nd Line support team for further investigation; someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, jengr2015 said:

So is it safe to say version 5.46 is not working correctly?

Works fine for me, sorry the thread got off subject with @rag's issue.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com