CCleaner runs at wrong time when scheduled

epbtech

Hi, everyone,

Our company uses Microsoft tablets at events and uploads files to the tablets at each event. I have set our tablets to clean at midnight (which in effect cleans them at startup). However, at a recent event CCleaner ran at mid-day after the tablets were on for four hours! This erased event files causing quite the stir. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes?

PS I realize now that there is a "clean at startup" option that may work better. But they still shouldn't run at the wrong hours!

Thanks,
Chase
EPBtech

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.57.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.57.07 PM.png

Follow-up: I set the tablets to clean at 12:01am and many tablets cleaned at 11:59am as if they thought 12:01am = noon. If you want to clean overnight with CCleaner Cloud, best to select in the 11pm hour or the 1am hour.

• Moderators

There is often confusion over whether 12 noon, and 12 midnight, are am or pm. Not to mention 12:01 etc.
(Linguistically 12 (noon or midnight) is neither am or pm, but that's a different can of worms).

There are various conventions about it, but they all leave room for confusion or misinterpretation.

With computers it's always best to use the 24 hour clock. (If the programme lets you, which any decent programme should).

00:00, 00:01 - midnight, just gone midnight.
12:00, 12:01 - noon, just gone noon.
No scope for confusion.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043