Windows 2000 problems

tbng

CCCleaner works fine on my two XP SP2 machines but fails to execute on either of my Windows 2000 computers. On both I get a run time error 5, invalid procedure call or argument. I installed the latest Visual Basic 6, but that made no difference. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CCCleaner to no avail. I note that others have have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?

Hello, and welcome to the CC forum!

I run Ccleaner on several Win2K machines, and I have never experienced any problems. When does that error occur; on CC start, or when you perform a certain function? Does it always happen?

I run Ccleaner on several Win2K machines, and I have never experienced any problems. When does that error occur; on CC start, or when you perform a certain function? Does it always happen?

[/quot

[/quot

Thanks for responding. I get the error as soon as I try to initiate CCCleaner. No part of it will run.

• 3 weeks later...

looks to me the ccleaner dlls are not properly registered

try the following:

regsvr32 "%~d0%~p0cchelper.ocx" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0cclistbar.ocx" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0cclistview.ocx" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0ccsubtimer.dll" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0ccsystem.dll" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0cctab.ocx" /sregsvr32 "%~d0%~p0cctreeview.ocx" /s

put this in a text file (with notepad) and save as dlls.bat in the ccleaner directory

then run it and try to run ccleaner again

• Moderators

Reboot after you've installed the MS VB Runtime files, since the installer doesn't necessarily prompt to do so. Also after you've installed it and if CCleaner still won't run uninstall CCleaner, reboot, then install CCleaner again.

There's also a search function on the forum that should find relevant threads with the same or similiar issue since a good number of people have had a problem with CCleaner not running for one reason or another.