Version 5.41.6446 is slow slow slow cleaning

mpw101

How do I go back to previous version?  This new version is slow cleaning.  I see others report slow analyzing, but I have mostly noticed very slow cleaning and the new interface is an awful idea.

I also would like old summary list back please.

Slow during cleaning IE or Edge? CCleaner trying delete files used by OS (V01.log and WebCacheV01.dat , both cannot be deleted) which causes slow cleaning and also often trigger ESENT erros in event manager. CCleaner will broke those files.

Yes, I see now the icon spins and spins stuck on IE history.  (I do not have Edge. Still using Windows 7 sp1 64bit.)  I do not use IE.  Yet IE history has 1KB in 1 File and the icon spins for 15-20 seconds on it.  Never did that before.

Yes you also have Esent erros, that error is here for years and is still not fixed. Btw why u erase your search index, is here any reason for it? It will broke it and trigger additional search errors in event manager, which cause index must be removed and system create new one which uses system resoursces and take long time. You really dont want this after each use of CCleaner.

Yes, search got broke as you say.  I tried to rebuild twice with no joy.  Finally used system restore to get it back to normal and it is fine now.

I am not sure what broke it though.  I never intended to run Ccleaner on search, but at some point in the new installation I clicked on “Restore default settings”.  I did not know running Ccleaner on search was a default setting and so it ran.  Search is now unselected.

But it may have been broke when I first ran the new version and many ESENT errors popped up.  I think this happened before I clicked to restore default settings and may have been why I tried default settings to see if that would stop the error.

Finally repaired all with system restore.  Only had to go back a couple days.  Search is fine now, everything else is back up to date and I have Ccleaner v5.40.6411 back and I am not going to update it again until this all gets sorted out.

There is no need for system restore, Search index will we rebuilded automaticaly if will be broken or you can rebuild database manually in search index options. The same for V01.log and WebCacheV01.dat (ESENT errors), if they will be broken, system create new one.

But of course MS Search in CCleaner should be unticked by default. There is no reason for use this function if you can do this directly in windows without search errors.