How to design a program

TheFiresInTheSky

No, If you using Javascript to generate the random numbers then you will always get the warning when its run on your machine and not through the internet, Once you choose to allow the content then it shouldnt ask again when the page is refreshed if you want to allow it unless the new page contains different javascript which it wouldnt if your just opening the same page with a different number,

how would i make the generate file hidden and read only or whatever so they couldnt find it or change it?

how would i make the generate file hidden and read only or whatever so they couldnt find it or change it?

You dont want to make your files hidden and read only as it could cause problems if they want to uninstall it, it can be done using batch and adding attribute commands but I dont think its a good idea, What part of it would be or could be changed by anyone and why would they want to change it as its just a number thats showing ?

the numbers are just photos. i might take it up to a skating rink and put it on the computer there in the DJ booth and they like to screw with stuff. also, it could be easily rigged if i dont do this.

Maybe Im missing something, Your program displays a number between 1 and 120 so why would someone want to rig it to show a different number, Are you giving away presents for anyone who gets the number correct :) I dont think making any of the files read only or hidden is a good idea and if its something that could be rigged then your best not using the program at all and just hosting it on a web site so that they cannot modify the source code.

Good Luck

ya, prizes are being given out. i dont know how to get all that onto one site w/o any pop ups. i tried on geocities but that yahoo box comes up in the window.

You'll have to sell the prizes and buy some webhosting space , most that are free will include adverts

SELL PRIZES? the whole point of a prize is that you get it for FREE! anyways, how do i make an icon for it? i already have an ico picture but i dont know how to add it for the index file.

well if someone can figure it out, let me know, as for now, ill just go with all users

What's funny is that a few people have given you 1/2 of the answer and you just need to puzzle it together. :lol:

This thread is cracking me up btw. lmao

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I dont think making any of the files read only or hidden is a good idea and if its something that could be rigged then your best not using the program at all and just hosting it on a web site so that they cannot modify the source code.

Good Luck

Agreed! On that note! Aaron...can you just give use the WHOLE story, and all of the information at once? You are only giving us a little information at a time.

You began with wanted an installer for a program that you made on only your PC

Installation ONLY for your PC

Curious HOW to install on other PCs

Needing the installer to install on other PCs

Experimenting

How to add Attacked Files

Refresh button

How to generate Hidden Files

And all of this ends up to have something to do with selling prizes? :P Start off with the whole story and all of the information. It makes it a lot easier to help. ;)

Thanks! LOL

Now enjoy the thread dedicated to you. hahahaha (you know that I mean this with all kindness)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

You should absolutely not use a path such as;

* C:\documents and settings\USERNAME HERE\programs\startup

* C:\documents and settings\All Users\

Because that path can look very different depending on system, version of Windows and language of Windows.

You should always use the environment variables. Such as %UserProfile%.

And install it to %ProgramFiles%.

And you should definitly use NSIS. There is a reason why NASA, Google, etc use it. It rocks.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

No you should always use environment variables to refer to paths.

Because the folder "Documents and Settings" is only named that on english versions of Windows. It is named something else on Windows sold in other countries, such as "Documenten en Montages" or "Documentos y ajustes".

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

sorry bout that, that was a different link that i sent you. ive uploaded MANY files on megaupload.com

No worries dude. ;) I knew what I was getting into. haha

Well, if you offer the package for public download then other people can download it and put it on their systems which might be of different languages. But I dont know if you planned to distribute the package.

Eitherway, you should still do things "The Right Way". And use good practices.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png