Cant Reinstall CCleaner Plz. Help

Guest May808

Guest May808

Hello. After having the older versions of Ccleaner, I noticed there was a newer version. I decided to uninstall the old version ( from the control panel ) and tried to install version 128. The problem is everytime I try to download any and all of the download sites I get this error.( screen shot ) I've been using Your Awesome product for quite a while and recommend to everyone whom is needing a type of cleaner ..( Works better then Window Washer ) Hope I'm not going to get in trouble for that...Thanks for all your help. Aloha May :)

Guest May808

Can't see your screen shot, not a clickable link. Could you describe the error?

Thanks Greenknight for the reply. Th error is " cannot copy ccsetup128[1].exe Access is deny denied". It goes further to say "Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is currently in use". After uninstalling the software ( stupid thing to do ) I search in the registry for all and any containing items " Ccleaner & CCsetup" . even went to search bar using *.ccleaner and ccsetup still nothing. Looked for process that were running and couldnt find anything. :( .. Preciate your help..ty May

• Moderators

Try to download with a different web-browser, or if you don't want to instead just empty the cache/temporary internet files in the browser you're currently using. Also if you have Kaspersky Antivirus I believe it still falsely detects CCleaner (an unresolved issue), therefore it may not let you download it or something alone those lines.

Guest May808

Try to download with a different web-browser, or if you don't want to instead just empty the cache/temporary internet files in the browser you're currently using. Also if you have Kaspersky Antivirus I believe it still falsely detects CCleaner (an unresolved issue), therefore it may not let you download it or something alone those lines.

Thank You all for the help. I've Image this drive and loaded a diffrent browser as well as cleared the cache/temporary internet files and the same problem..Kaspersky may be the problem..Its a shame because this was a very fast cleaner that cleaned throughly..Never had a problem except for this..Mahalo for all you help is tryin to resolve this... Aloha May

If you're hitting "Open" during the download instead of "Save" then you should hit "Save" instead, and save it to your desktop.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)