Why does CCleaner think I still have Office 2003 installed?

Hi, first time poster.  I have a new Windows 10 machine.

I installed an office 2003 product (Excel) but it conflicted with iCloud for Windows.  So I uninstalled Office 2003.

I have deleted all traces of Office 2003 I can find, including running the Microsoft "Fixit" tool labelled "remove all traces of office 2003".

Still both iCloud for Windows *and* CCleaner think I still have "Office 2003" installed. 

(In other words, in the CCleaner "Apps" tab, it still shows an entry for "Office 2003".  (It also shows an entry for Office 2016, which is fine).

When I select the "Office 2003" entry in CCleaner and select "Analyze", it says 0 files found.

I have run CCleaner to clean the registry, the apps, and everything I can think of.

I have uninstalled and re-installed CCleaner.

Still CCleaner thinks I have Office 2003 installed (i.e. it still appears in the list of Apps).

Does anyone know where CCleaner is looking that makes it *think* that Office 2003 is still installed?

"Revo Uninstaller" does not see any traces of Office 2003.

If I can solve this mystery, I can apply the same fix to iCloud for Windows, which is the problem I really need to fix!

Thanks!

Ted

• Moderators

CCleaner should be looking in the registry to detect it, however it's rather common for it to detect left-over orphaned entries to Office rather it was uninstalled or never installed if the registry keys exist.

• Moderators

run CC with the /export switch will show what it uses to detect Office.

documentation here; http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/command-line-parameters

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

If it's any consolation Ted, I've searched my registry and hard drives extensively for any traces of the software highlighted in this screenshot.

post-8751-0-31141800-1498942971_thumb.jpg

I've done this on more than one occasion and each time I've found absolutely nothing. Yet there they are plain to be seen.

I just accept this as being what it is and it doesn't bother me. Although it would be nice one day to know where CCleaner is finding those entries.

Just for info, I've ran CC with the /export switch, and the locations it describes for my errant entries don't exist on my computer.

Weird.

another user has reported a similar issue, perhaps try this like post #6...

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48498

i think if it would help for ccleaner -> the same wouldnt possible help for icloud

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"