IE WebCache is empty yet CC shows there are files

share3141

When I run CC the contents of my web cache (C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache) are marked as deleted.  I have gone to this folder and verified that is true.  If I reboot and run CC again (even though I have not run IE and have verified this folder to be empty) CC tells me there are 8 files and 28,184 KB removed.  The option is Internet - - Internet Explorer More*.  It's been this way for at least a week.  It may have been there longer - that's just when I noticed it.  It's not fatal as my web cache is flushed but kind of curious.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. 

post-78409-0-52429200-1488228785_thumb.png

• Moderators

You are using winapp2.ini no support can be given to your problem except in the sticky topic at the top of ccleaner discussion board especially as your issue is from. But in short the files probably recreated at boot.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

CC tells me there are 8 files and 28,184 KB removed.

Index.dat files, the size you mention seems close enough.

Also just using your computer will create files in IE's History, etc. Antivirus software also uses it, and will also create CryptnetUrlCache.

If you're on Windows 10 you can clean with CCleaner and then cache will be immediately recreated in IE due to all the web-related stuff running in Win10.