Apple to Allow WindowsXP on Macs

Mike Rochip

• Moderators
"Apple Computer Inc.unveiled on Wednesday software to help owners of its new Intel-based Macs run not only its own operating system but also Microsoft Corp.'s rival Windows XP system."

CNN.com

And hell just froze over....

Anyway this is a smart move. People will buy the macs and use the OS for a while and see that it really is better than windows. As soon as the new mac mini comes out I'm going to buy one.

• Moderators

Yup, hell indeed just froze over. WinXP on a Mac, I'd think the whole ideal of getting a Mac would be to get away from Windows.

As soon as the new mac mini comes out I'm going to buy one.

And if you don't like it I'll gladly take the donation. Please send it plainly packaged to me via FedEx or UPS Air. :P

• Moderators

Mac is very price computer.

That's the reason allot of consumers are using Windows-based PC's, heck if someone doesn't need allot of power they can get a Celeron processor Windows-based PC at a very low price.

I remember being totally fed up with Win98 years ago and when visiting Apple's site to look at Mac prices I was shocked at the cost, hence I got new PC that could handle WinXP.

I honestly can't see the point, why would someone pay over the odds for a Mac to run windows.

Save your money buy a windows based PC, if you want it to look like a Mac there is plenty software out there that can do that.

Maybe I'm missing the point and someone needs to explain it to me.

No point really, other than I found it amazing Apple was loosening up a bit and not only sanctioning but providing software to allow an MS product on their a/r Macs.

Hence all the hell freezing over comments :lol: ...

• Moderators

No point really, other than I found it amazing Apple was loosening up a bit and not only sanctioning but providing software to allow an MS product on their a/r Macs.

Hence all the hell freezing over comments :lol: ...

Now if they could loosen up a bit more and allow for playback of Ogg Vorbis (.ogg), MusePack (.mpc), WavPack (.wv), etc., on the iPOD.

I honestly can't see the point, why would someone pay over the odds for a Mac to run windows.

Save your money buy a windows based PC, if you want it to look like a Mac there is plenty software out there that can do that.

Maybe I'm missing the point and someone needs to explain it to me.

Because you buy a Mac and you enjoy Mac OS X. But then you want to play some games, so then you maybe want Windows on the computer too, so that you can dual-boot and play games.

Microsoft tries to kill of OpenGL (platform indenpendent technology) and encourage game developers to use DirectX (Windows-only propiertary technology) so that the games will only run on Windows and cant easily be ported to Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, etc and other operating systems.

Now if they could loosen up a bit more and allow for playback of Ogg Vorbis (.ogg), MusePack (.mpc), WavPack (.wv), etc., on the iPOD.

Yeah, Ogg Vorbis on iPod would be awesome.

I heard you can only upload music to iPod but not download from the iPod, is that true?

If so, then that sucks...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png