Ticking the box for Edge Cache and not asking again?

Sys_Eng

Hi,

I have quite a specific question, perhaps in future versions of CCleaner the box could be worded a little differently so others will be sure.  But my question is that in Windows 10, CCleaner will open a little window saying "Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer needs to be closed to clean the Internet Cache.; Do you want CCleaner to close Microsoft Edge Cache Database and Internet Explorer?".  If I tick the box to not be asked again, and then click on close the Edge cache database and IE - Will it always automatically close them and clean them in future (as I want it to do), or will it simply not ask again, meaning that in future cleanings they will not be closed or cleaned because I have not been prompted?

Thank you for enlightenment anyone who knows...

• Moderators

As far as I can tell (though it's only based on observations on my own pc) it means the latter one that from then on the locked browsers will be skipped anytime. You can of course test this and then make the warning come back if you don't like the results by using the ccleaner options section where it allows hiding warnings (not on pc currently so I can't tell you exact location in options, sorry.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It's in: Options > Advanced > Hide warning messages

Edit:

It will still display a warning in the cleaner window if it couldn't clean Edge, or any other browsers which are in-use.