Hotfix Uninstaller

LEEnoble

Right, I have heard that the Hotfix Uninstaller in older versions of CCleaner f**ks your PC up.

Now I have run this option in the past and deleted all the Hotfix Uninstallers. What has this done to my PC? I have not noticed any problems yet but I would still like to know what/if it has done any damage. :(

Thanks

CCleaner fan since 2005

picshack.co.uk - free image hosting

i wanna know that too. i also deleted those hotfix uninstallers some time a go. and i even not suppose to delete them. i though that hotfix option was unchecked,but somehow those were deleted too. i'm not noticed any side affects. even that my comp is started to freeze sometimes,but i don't think this is because those hotfixes,or could that be? if so,i really curse this program.. :angry:

i wanna know that too. i also deleted those hotfix uninstallers some time a go. and i even not suppose to delete them. i though that hotfix option was unchecked,but somehow those were deleted too. i'm not noticed any side affects. even that my comp is started to freeze sometimes,but i don't think this is because those hotfixes,or could that be? if so,i really curse this program.. :angry:

The only problem it could create is a minor one with future hotfixes, not anything to do with everyday operation of your computer.

why do repair install to get that $hf_mig$ folder back?. for me it came back when i installed another patch from windows update service.

Because all the previous hotfixes are lost. This is why it is important to recover or replace the entire folder contents. Not just the one hotfix you just installed

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

i don't think there's any actual hotfixes missing on my computer.

Your hotfixes are still there. What has been removed in error was the cache in the folder which may be required for future updates

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro