CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller

jfh

Having noticed that CCleaner (free) was not included in the list of installed programs in my Revo Uninstaller (free), I contacted Revo for the reason and got the following reply:

"The most common reason to not see some programs in the list of installed programs of Revo Uninstaller Free is if you are using a 64-bit Windows version and the missing programs are installed as native 64-bit programs.
The reason is that Revo Uninstaller Free doesn't fully support 64-bit systems yet. Revo Uninstaller Pro supports 64-bit versions of Windows and it has 30-day fully functional trial."

Which leads me to the question I want to ask.  I am running Windows 10 - does CCleaner (both free and Pro versions) install themselves as "native 64-bit programs" when downloaded on a Win 10 computer?  I have seen a reference on the Piriform website somewhere to CCleaner being available in both 32 and 64-bit versions, but did not find an answer to my specific question.

I'm trying to decide whether to go to paid versions of both CCleaner and Revo, but want to know as much as I can re how these two will interact (incidentally, I don't plan to use the registry cleaner).

Thanks

• Moderators

Ccleaner (et al) indeed install as native 64bit (as I understand the statement to mean installed in "program files" folder as opposed to "program files x86" folder) on a 64bit machine. If the machine is 32 bit the 32bit version is of course installed. It reallllllllllllllllly suprises me that revo doesn't fully support 64bit, that's just plain stupid on their part in 2016

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It reallllllllllllllllly suprises me that revo doesn't fully support 64bit, that's just plain stupid on their part in 2016

Revo Uninstaller Free is however old, it was last updated July 2013 - source. Perhaps the free version is now abandonware, certainly seems that way and it makes it evident the Pro version is required in order to get the newest versions.

• Moderators

Ah, well then, that makes more sense that a 2013 application might suffer from non-64bit support

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Revo Uninstaller Free is however old, it was last updated July 2013 - source. Perhaps the free version is now abandonware, certainly seems that way and it makes it evident the Pro version is required in order to get the newest versions.

So revo uninstaller i would say that it is dead since 2013. If a program wont update so how could it be a good cleaner against junk and crap

• Moderators

It isn't dead, it just seems as though they've abandoned the freeware version while still maintaining and updating the paid Pro version which was last updated December 2015. It's not unusual at all, many freeware titles have followed that route.

Although I have that seemly last freeware version installed it doesn't bother me personally that they've did this as I'm rarely if ever uninstalling software (also rarely if ever installing any either) to even require it.

• 2 years later...

Just read this article and wanted to update it.  Revo Uninstaller Free is definitely still alive and being updated.  No, it does seem like between 2013 and 2016 there weren't any updates, but there have been quite a few since.  The latest being:  MARCH 26, 2018 REVO UNINSTALLER FREEWARE VERSION 2.0.5