Getting Access Denied in CCCleaner Free Disk Analyzer

drdoo2

I'm sorry but, this is going to take some writing to explain my problem in Disk Analyzer because I am trying to give all the info I can think of. Two problems here. First, I have Win 8.1 Desktop, Dell PC, Fantastic Best Buy Geek Squad Online Remote Optimization Service, Bitdefender Anti-viruis Plus 2015 with a free 2 and a half hour remote Optimization which actually made Geek Squad look like cowboys. PC is as clean as a wistle. Newest Version of CCCleaner Free for a month. Copied all pertinent instructions from Piriform Web site and read many times. Easy Program to understand and use. Since I have had it I am getting an Access Denied popup on .png files that have a name to them no problem with files that are numbers and letters now matter the extension. Example: dell_white_logo.png or google_logo.png or head.png. Any other type of file having a bunch of numbers and letters will delete just fine. .jpg files delete fine. First, let me say I only check Pictures, Emails and Documents as I do not use Video or Music. I have 3,025.89 MB in my Pictures Folder with about 8 sub folders of pics. In Disk Analyzer I get .jpg, .png .bmp .gif and .tif extensions. Documents has 9.94 MB and in " Other Files" there are 67,403.02 MB. Here is what happens. Say I were to highlight 100 files and then choose select all to check the boxes and then click on to Delete them all. If one of these files like google_logo.png or dell_white_logo.png or head.png happen to be in that group of 100 I get a pop up of " Access Denied" and because of these type files in the 100 selected none can be deleted because of the Access Denied pop up. So, the only choice u have is to go through everything manually to check and delete which is foolish and would take days. But, I can look at the folder where these screwy files are and they are nothing important or spectacular and I can delete them in the folder. Come back to Disc Analyzer and they are still there but close out Cleaner and come back and run Disc Analyzer and they are gone because I deleted them in the folder the file is in. Before I close Cleaner I can check on the same box and instead of Access Denied I get a pop up of file cannot be found cuz I deleted it in the folder. Hope I am making sense. I have an Adminstrator Account, only user, have uninstalled and re- installed Cleaner no change. Here is the path of a file called " head.png " file and at the top of the screen it says "2004eb59 "   AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsApps-8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\LiveComm\4e2dc679fb36d3d5\120712-0049\Att\2004f3a4   Second, problem. I am concerned about deleting my .jpg files that are under my Pictures Folder as they are showing up in the Analyzer. I went to exclude the 8 subfolders I have under my main Picture Folder including the Picture Folder itself and they still showed up in my Analyzer files. All of them. I used the Browse function. They are not suppose to show up in the Analyzer when Excluded. I even checked on the box under Windows " Custom Files and Folders" which according to the instructions when u use the Include Option it checks that box automatically. I have no clue what the hell is going on here. I wrote Piriform 5 times and although I gave a donation they never answered. I guess they don't support the Free Version. I have looked at all kinds of Web Sites about Access Denied and Adminstrator Rights etc. Help!!!

Pat / drdoo2

• Moderators

when you made the donation, do you mean a one-off, "here you go, have some money" offer or did you buy the Professional version?

if you do have the free version still, they do (I believe) still give support but give priority to the paid users, obviously.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

when you made the donation, do you mean a one-off, "here you go, have some money" offer or did you buy the Professional version?

if you do have the free version still, they do (I believe) still give support but give priority to the paid users, obviously.

I think in the first couple of sentences I use the word " Free"

• Moderators

The reason he commented on the paragraphs is your post is nearly impossible to read and thus makes it difficult to discern what you are asking. It was the same feeling I got from

The include/exclude section is only relevant to ccleaner's basic cleaning process and not the disc analysis. I'm not even sure what you are attempting to do, it sounds like you want to delete every .png on the harddrive, but there are bound to be ones in folders that windows doesn't allow users to access (like any within Windows UI apps).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

it sounds like you want to delete every .png on the harddrive, but there are bound to be ones in folders that windows doesn't allow users to access

Microsft DirectX, etc., comes to mind since it has .png files in it as a default installation.

Nergal. Why is mine " nearly imposible" to read. Did my post come out in a different format than urs??? I thought this was a debugging forum and not an English class. Who cares if u take time to make paragraphs??? I don't. Be my Guest. So,, then tell me if u have 1,000 files ur Disc Analyzer finds I guess u have to go thru all 1,000 indidvidually and see if u get an access denied and delete all accordingly if needed?

drdoo2

• Moderators

just a thought, have you tried temporarily disabling BitDefender and seeing if that helps?

what about deleting those PNG files via another program, like File Explorer or an elevated command prompt?

you may also want to try having the PC in Safe Mode to see if that allows CC to delete those files.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Most peculiar behavior.  

Open an account on a free forum and ask for help using a free software. 

Then be rude and abrasive toward the folks trying to help for free.  

Most peculiar.   :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.