Toasted Outlook Express

popcorn

If viruses would be airplanes, then Outlook Express would be the airport.

Running Outlook Express is not a good idea, it will most likely get you infected with some virus or spyware sooner or later. It a well-known cause for viruses.

You should really look into Mozilla Thunderbird, it is an very good email client that is much more secure and supports IMAP, POP3 over normal and SSL (secure) connections.

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

If viruses would be airplanes, then Outlook Express would be the airport.

Running Outlook Express is not a good idea, it will most likely get you infected with some virus or spyware sooner or later. It a well-known cause for viruses.

You should really look into Mozilla Thunderbird, it is an very good email client that is much more secure and supports IMAP, POP3 over normal and SSL (secure) connections.

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

I've been an Outlook Express user for many years. I've got over 10,000 messages right now in OE. Using OE is not a problem with proper anti-virus protection and smart practices such as not opening email attachments from unknown senders.

Ran the cleaner and OE would not open. Moved the folder.dbx folder and was able to open OE but all my stuff is gone. Can anyone help. Several lockups since running cleaner. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Popcorn

Well, obviously, OE won't see the messages in your .dbx folder if you moved it and did not tell OE the new location or move your .dfx folder back to the original location.

Did you backup your registry before telling CCleaner to delete stuff? If so, I think restoring the registry from that backup would be worth trying. Or, perhaps using Windows Restore to go back to a Restore Point prior to running CCleaner would resolve the problem. Of course, that would also undo some of the cleanup done by CCleaner.

Well, obviously, OE won't see the messages in your .dbx folder if you moved it and did not tell OE the new location or move your .dfx folder back to the original location.

Did you backup your registry before telling CCleaner to delete stuff? If so, I think restoring the registry from that backup would be worth trying. Or, perhaps using Windows Restore to go back to a Restore Point prior to running CCleaner would resolve the problem. Of course, that would also undo some of the cleanup done by CCleaner.

This computer is running Windows 98, no restore available. I had saved registry and did a merge per the instructions no luck.

Any specifics would be appreciated.

Popcorn

This computer is running Windows 98, no restore available. I had saved registry and did a merge per the instructions no luck.

Any specifics would be appreciated.

Popcorn

... merge? ... instructions? What instructions?