FreeWare Page

res45

• Moderators

When I tried out RegCleaner a bit over two years ago it didn't work properly on WinXP.

---------

Just looked at that site and what a gem, I bookmarked it. You should post a link to it in the software->freeware thread.

But those are old versions and in worst case, they might even contain serious bugs or security vulnerabilities that are only fixed in the latest versions.

Also, it is basically a list of software from bastards who decided to get greedy, or maybe just used freeware for the first few versions to build a userbase, get it to spread and trick people who else wouldnt use their software into using it.

Best site if you ask me is SourceForge.

* http://www.sourceforge.net

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Also, it is basically a list of software from bastards who decided to get greedy, or maybe just used freeware for the first few versions to build a userbase, get it to spread and trick people who else wouldnt use their software into using it.

That about sums it up!

Although I can see how some developers go the route of freeware->commercial simply because they can't afford an out of pocket expense of maintaining a website, and keeping up with OS changes. The open source route does make more sense because they wouldn't necessarily have to maintain their own website and they'd have a user base to test on multiple OSes without having to actually own those particular OSes. I'll stop here as I could go on and on about this.