nero showtime

vecchio

hy

I sometimes use the program nero showtime to open my video files and audio

Its possible for ccleaner erase the list of the files open with the program,in fact just how it already happens in the windows medea?

If this should already be happening I ask for help because after to execute ccleaner and to use the nero showtime agaim,I found the last file played. ccleaner dont erase it

Thank you

CCleaner only cleans a predefined set of software. If you find the registry entries then maybe it could be added to the next version of CCleaner.

Or you could manually add registry entries to the .ini file in the CCleaner directory.

Oh, and a hint... maybe you should try VLC (VideoLAN Codec) media player, it is a free, open-source, cross-platform audio and video player. It plays pretty much anything, works on almost all movies that I download.

* http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

yes I suggest that the next versions of ccleaner can erase the files and the names of files open with the nero showtime,i paid for the product and would like to use it. and i would like those lists of open programs to be erased with ccleaner as it already happens with windows media.but maybe this cannot interest the other users of the program

my dear

i agree with you

but now that I bought nero showtime again I say i wait for new versions of ccleaner can erase the lists and files open with the nero showtime as it happens with the windows medea and as it was already asked

I would thank a lot if this feature was implemented in new versions of ccleaner and I think other users of the nero showtime would also thank

thank you very much

Yes, but the author cant magically implement cleaning of Nero Showtime. He must know *what* to clean.

Example, what files or what registry values/keys (entries).

Probably he dont have the Nero, and is not willing to go out and buy it.

Maybe you could find the registry entries (MRU) for Nero Showtime and tell which entries to clean.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

No talking with CAPITAL LETTERS on forum. ;)

Nero Showtime might store it's MRU (Most Recently Used) list either in the Windows registry or in configuration file of its own.

You can try using "regedit" to search the Windows registry for Nero Showtime entries, but regedit isnt a tool that should be used by those who are not so good with computers.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

sorry about the letters

should i try to copy all the refferences keys about nero showtime and post here?

can you teach me step by step how can i do this?

i know that this can disturb you and that can be a individualist request ,but I would like ccleaner erase the lists of files and the files open with the nero showtime as it already happens with the windows medea.i know that my request maybe is not assisted because nero showtime is a bought program

but like i already said before me and other users of the nero showtime would thank

in any way thank you very much

You goto start menu, select "Run..." type in "regedit" and press OK.

Now the "Registry Editor" opens. Now you press F3 and search for "Nero" or "Nero showtime" or "Showtime" or such.

But never edit or delete any entries because that can f*** up your computer. The registry is not for the weak minded. :D

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

well i am a begginner with regedit..then i will copy ALL the reference keys and i hope its help to implement the feature to clean files open and vewer with nero showtime

thank you

follow the references

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.ac3

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.aif

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.aiff

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.asf

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.avi

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.avs

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.cda

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.bup

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.dat

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.divx

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.dv

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.dvr-ms

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.ifo

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m1v

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m2p

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m2t

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m2v

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m3u

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.m4a

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mid

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.midi

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mmv

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mod

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mov

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mp2

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mp3

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mp4

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mpa

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mpeg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.mpg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.pls

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.rmi

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.trp

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.vob

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.wav

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.wave

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.wma

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroShowTime.Files7.wmv

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroVision.Document

i hope to be correct and to have posted here everything that is necessary for the files open with the nero showtime to be clean as it happens with the windows medea

I want again to say that although nero showtime is a pay program the users would thank if they could have the traces of use of the program turned off

I would like to ask help to know what exactly to post the references that I am posting now are not the correct ones

and once again i would like to thank the understanding of all

• Moderators

The MRU history won't be in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT!

Instead look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Just find the Nero reference and expand the key, it will help greatly if you've already opened files that the Nero program is remembering that way it will be easier to find the MRU history, you could also simple search for a file you've previously opened by clicking Edit->Find, so for example if you opened the file 01-favourite_artist-song.mp3 search for that.

• 10 months later...

Andavari,

Pity that this thread wasn't finished off. Vecchio is right stating that this would be a help to many users of Showtime and not alone in the unfamiliarity with registry issues. Any chance of getting back to this one.