FAQ link takes me to login page? (i.e. scattered/confusing documentation)

WXB

From the "CCleaner - FAQ" page (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/faq), I click on the "Where is the help file?" link (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/faq/general/where-is-the-help-file).  This takes me to a page which contains the "Click here to go to the help section homepage" link (http://www.piriform.com/support/ccleaner), a page that contains a fairly minimal amount of information.  Under the "More resources" section of this page there is another "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)" link (http://support.piriform.com/forums/20621928-CCleaner) which is described as follows:

"View the questions users most frequently ask about CCleaner. We recommend you read this before looking in other sections."

Clicking this link in search of more comprehensive documentation takes me to a page that prompts me for my email/password.  Even though the link that brought me to this page contains the string "forums", this login page doesn't accept my forum login info (I'm already logged into the forum BTW) nor does it provide any info on what account is being referenced beyond a "Lost password?" link (http://www.piriform.com/lost-password) which doesn't recognize my email address nor provide me with an option to register for this mystery account.  I suspect that this account is a separate support account that requires the purchase of one of the "Pro" products.

I realize that the Piriform business model might lend itself to having fewer resources to maintain/update its website but this is all very confusing/frustrating for anyone trying to research its products.  This seems to me to be self-defeating when trying to increase a customer base (including paying customers) as I'm guessing that a good percentage of potential customers might just throw up their hands in frustration and move on (which I almost did/am about to do).

Just my 2 cents...

The page you eventually found (http://www.piriform.com/docs) is where all the documentation goes and it's were people are linked to for official documentation on the forums

You're clearly missing my point.  I was referring to the main Piriform website and not the forum.  Potential/current users shouldn't have to venture into the forums in order to find the documentation nor should they have to search around for it.

I since have also discovered the documentation link under the support menu on the main site but that is also beyond the point I was trying to make.  Clearly when clicking a "Where is the help file?" link you should not have to go 2 levels deep only to end up at a dead end where there is no help file/documentation.  There is no down side to including an explicit link to the documentation in the following locations and it could be done with minimal effort; I can't imagine that someone could/would argue otherwise.  The goal should be to make things easier and not more difficult.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bfchu4lm.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

oJiz1u6t.png

dPr4J2vm.png

ODKpAUTl.png

• Moderators

You're clearly missing my point.  I was referring to the main Piriform website and not the forum.  Potential/current users shouldn't have to venture into the forums in order to find the documentation nor should they have to search around for it.

Don't assume anything! I actually did understand what you meant!

It was just a reassuring post that you found the correct documentation.

Don't assume anything! I actually did understand what you meant!

It was just a reassuring post that you found the correct documentation.

This is pure conjecture on my part but -- based on the responses to my post -- I'm getting the impression that you folks who are moderators on this forum are probably volunteers who don't work for Piriform and/or don't have the ability/authority to act on or speak from a corporate perspective to the suggestions in the various "Suggestions" subforums for each product.  Please correct me if my hypothesis is off base.

Please don't misunderstand me.  I am grateful for those who provide help on forums -- especially if they are volunteers -- and I'm definitely not trying to be difficult (life can be difficult enough on its own without my help).  I'm just trying to understand the workings of this forum so I know what to reasonably expect.  

I was initially expecting a response something along the lines of "Great idea; we'll get right on that!", "We'll take that under consideration; don't call us, we'll call you" or "Are you friggin' kidding me?  That idea really sucks!".  Obviously the responses I received didn't fit that formula so it's probably time to adjust my expectations.

So what's the real scoop about how this whole "Suggestions" thing works on here anyway?

Waiting patiently for enlightenment...   :huh:

• Moderators

The Piriform devs actually do read all suggestions that are made, but rarely comment.

The first thing you may know about it is that you go to the webpage and find your suggestion has been taken up  :)

As I said I actually think your suggestion is a good one so....

+1 from me 

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Welcome to the forum, WXB.  :)

+1 for me too. 

In the lower left corner of the CCleaner GUI it says "Online Help". That link goes to a page divided into 2 main panels with 4 subpanels each. 

It would be easier to navigate, imho, if the link called "Product Setup" was moved to the first entry (upper left panel) and renamed to "Detailed "How To" Documentation". Then maybe below that the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link, followed by the others. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

@WXB,

you are dead right with you volunteer assumption.

all members, except those flagged as Admin, are simply people who have joined the forum to seek help for some problem.

then the whole forum community becomes a knowledge base to solve problems.

none of the members have any affiliation, or sway, with the Dev/Admin team.

just my opinion, but I reckon this forum to Piriform is simply a method to find bugs as soon as possible, have quick access to suggestions and generally to have a finger on the pulse of all their products.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.