Wiping free spaces on other than C-drive

John Grey

• Moderators
Either before or after enabling Wipe Free Space in the Settings, you'd also have to enable/tick the box named 'Wipe Free Space' located under the large Cleaner button and in 'Windows > Advanced', otherwise it won't work

See screenshot:

post-26-0-60277600-1410758639_thumb.png

Remember to disable/untick that box once Wipe Free Space is complete, otherwise it will always run.

Also see:

• Moderators

And as a further tweak, you can right click Wipe Free Space in Cleaner/Advanced and select Clean, and the WFS option will run on its own. You don't even have to check the box, so it's quite safe.

Thank you both...

I have just installed an SSD in addition to thje HDD of ths computer and saw that ccleaner automatically recognizes this and there is no click at this disc C:  I hope that remaisn like that?

Now: I have changed the setting in Advanced, but there is absolutely no notification anywhere, that ccleaner is actually wiping free spaces on the HDD E: although it is clicked "On".... Why is that? It is a 500GB HDD and should take some time, not just a few seconds?

Also, Is it possible to wipe the free spaces on the 16GB and 8GB chips inside a tablet? The letters F: and G: do have boxes that can be clicked. Again, no pop up that says anything is being cleaned....

Thanks....

• Moderators

'I have just installed an SSD in addition to thje HDD of ths computer and saw that ccleaner automatically recognizes this and there is no click at this disc C:  I hope that remaisn like that?'

I don't really understand that.

Have you actually pressed Run Cleaner or right clicked on Wipe Free Space and selected Clean?

I don't know about your tablet, not having one, but I would think that the answer is yes if the drive letter is shown. Wiping NAND flash is not recommended as a rule.