Batch Mode Uninstaller

I'd like to be rid of IObit uninstaller and it's ad bundled shenanigans. If CCleaner had a batch mode or better yet, check boxes on the uninstall programs list it would make it a worthy replacement. I'd also like to note that if this feature is added being able to use the arrow keys for list navigation and the space bar for selection is imperative. On a crappy malware filled laptop such a feature can save a lot of time

Also, does CCleaners registry scan cover what would be the "deep scan for leftovers" when uninstalling programs? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to use CCleaner as opposed to IObit uninstaller or Revo uninstaller.

• Moderators

Also, does CCleaners registry scan cover what would be the "deep scan for leftovers" when uninstalling programs? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to use CCleaner as opposed to IObit uninstaller or Revo uninstaller.

CC's registry cleaner only 'cleans' the registry, it does not do what those other two programs you mentioned at all.

They actively search out traces of programs and try to remove them.

Reg Cleaner has a lightly-lightly touch looking for discrepancies in the registry hives compared to the Windows system.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

CCleaner uses the Windows API in that it links to the Add/Remove or Programs and Features area of the Control Panel.

This essentially runs the programs own uninstaller.

It is not a PUP uninstaller, for that something like Adwcleaner (from bleepingcomputer) is better.

Better still is to always use a custom install when installing anything so you get the option to untick the unwanted hangers-on before the install completes.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

AdwCleaner doesn't uninstall programs. This is not for me, it's for customers who install malware because they don't know better.

Even if CCleaner doesn't search for leftover bits, it would require little effort to add check boxes to the program uninstall list.

Adwcleaner "uninstalls" programs in the sense that it deletes them and all their files/registry entries off the machine (in theory). This is effectively the same thing as uninstalling. I think cookie means something more like PC Decrapifier, which lets you queue up and run multiple uninstallers simultaneously

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds exactly like the feedback I wanted to give. CCleaner is great for most things, but I use Revo Uninstaller to handle uninstalling, since it removes the leftover files and registry entries effectively.

Like CCleaner, it runs the default Windows API uninstall, then lets you select from leftover files and leftover registry entries related to the program. I'd love to be able to do that from CCleaner.

• 6 months later...