How to change Boot Screen

JohnDemolition

today i tried XPize because i've heard some good things about it. so i did and i noticed that it changed my Boot Screen, theme, and a lot of stuff. but all of it sucked because it didnt change any shell icons and the theme was just Royale.

so my question is, which program do i need to change it. i've already tried that program by WinCustomize BootSkin but it sucked and made me go into Safe Mode so i could go back to the regular one so that it could boot proparly.

I am not sure, but i think this is how you do it:

Start > All Programs > XPize > Uninstall > expand Extras > and put a check next to Boot Screen

That's how i did it to remove it and get my previous one back.

288olaow8888cq2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had something similar once, well - actually I had no bootscreen at all - just seen MS crap ...

I actually found that .........

My Computer, right click, select Properties. Click Advanced tab, press Setting under Starup and Recovery.

Under System Statup, have a look at Default operating system. (Press Edit for a detailed look - be carful not to save)

I found my script had an extra entry - something like /TATunp=SOSNPO

Now, before I go further I will say if u F-UP this script, Windows WILL NOT boot EVER :D

Anyway, my sys has ...

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

yours might be slightly different. As I said, mine had the extra stuff above, and didn't boot correctly.

I may be digressing somewhat, and probably not related to adding bootscreen, but how cares. It might help.

B.

holla,

r u looking to hack the boot screen so it can be of your own design? seems like all these people here are giving you advice how to recover your old one? If i'm correct, then do a google search for hacking boot screens or the like there of and you will likely find a whole bunch of tutorials on how to do it, along with links to programs that will help you along the way. I have a word doc on me with all the steps, but i don't recall exactly where i got them from, its a compilatiion of different fun hacks for winXP, so if you look and don't find anything, msg back here and i'll post the steps for the hack (its not that i'm lazy and don't want to do it, but you'll find some nice websites that will walk you through it with pics and all)

goodluck and enjoy