Remove downloads

• Moderators

Problem with adding in user downloads is for some people it isn't junk files residing in there, they actually store all their downloads in there for archival purposes. I think it would be especially bad for downloaded and archived purchased software especially for software that's no longer being developed, i.e.; last version. And some people will enable a feature not knowing the catastrophic end results.

You can of course add in your user download path in 'Options (button) -> Include', and then under 'Cleaner (button)' -> Windows (tab)' enable/tick 'Custom Files and Folders'

• Moderators

plus it gets away from CC's founding principle of only removing crap.

if you want more than crap removed, that's where winapp2.ini and INCLUDE's come in.

normally after I download something, if I want to keep it, or think I'll want to install it again, I'll move it to my Software folder.

so for me, files in the Download folder are ones I've downloaded and not yet actioned, so I'd hate to have them deleted.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I suggest that you employ the options in your browser to specify the download destination as

%TEMP%\Downloads.

Then CC will automatically clear them when the "24 hours ?" timeout expires.