CCleaner Registry Remover

Pedro Pinto

Hello everyone,

I have used your software and in the section that's mentioned on the topic title, I've selected all the issues and then I've chosen: Fix all issues!

In order to be safe, I've made a registry backup but I would like to know if there was any problem on removing those files.

What if I restore the backup registry and then take a printscreen in order to let you know what files I'm talking about?

Sincerely,

Pedro

• Moderators
CCleaner registry cleaning is usually quite safe = not too aggressive.

However it is ALWAYS a good idea to follow the advice in my signature (this post below the horizontal line)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

If you doubleclick the .reg file it will only ask to merge it back into the Windows Registry. You can open .reg files in a text viewer/editor such as Notepad or Wordpad and then save to a normal .txt format for posting on the forums.

• Moderators

Hi Pedro, and welcome to the forum.

If you double click the .reg entry all you will do is restore it to the registry. If you want to get a copy of it's contents, right click it and select "Edit", which will open up the contents as a text file. Just save the text file with any name you choose.

With regards to getting advice on what to delete, that isn't really possible to do with any sort of accuracy because all our computers are different and you may, for example, have reg entries listed for removal which will refer to programs you've uninstalled from your computer, or other things unique to your computer.

The registry can link and tie together a lot of stuff such as common files shared by different programs.

As I say above, we couldn't tell you what to remove and what not to remove with any degree of accuracy.

If you are particularly worried about it, you don't have to use the registry section of CCleaner at all, a lot of people don't, but if you have to, CCleaner is considered a "safe" registry cleaner but always remember to make the backups.

My personal experience is that I've used the reg cleaner since 2006, and I've never been aware of an issue caused by doing so, but like a lot of the other guys on here, I make a backup of my entire registry every day at first boot with "ERUNTgui".

http://www.softpedia.../ERUNTgui.shtml

This keeps a rolling copy of the last 3 days backups, but you can choose how many days to keep in the settings.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Ninja'd me Andavari.

Edited by DennisD
: Link changed.

Thank you for the precious information guys.

In fact, I would like to copy paste it, at least to let you guys give a look on it. However, if you think it's not needed at all because you can't say what's to remove or not, just tell me and I won't do it =)

Thanks in advance =)

• Moderators

If it will make you feel better Pedro and maybe give you some peace of mind, by all means post it here, and if someone can advise I'm sure they will.

All you need do is attach the text file to your post using the "attach files" buttons. If you can't do that, copy and paste.

However, this isn't something we would like to set a precedent for as we'll end up with a lot of posted reg entries from a lot of people asking us to check them over, which isn't going to happen for anyone out there thinking of doing the same.

:)

If it will make you feel better Pedro and maybe give you some peace of mind, by all means post it here, and if someone can advise I'm sure they will.

All you need do is attach the text file to your post using the "attach files" buttons. If you can't do that, copy and paste.

However, this isn't something we would like to set a precedent for as we'll end up with a lot of posted reg entries from a lot of people asking us to check them over, which isn't going to happen for anyone out there thinking of doing the same.

:)

DennisD, with all the respect I won't attach the file since I understand your position!

I have to thank you, one more time, for the attention you've had.

Thank you all, and I'm sorry for bothering you some way =)

Thank you DannisD (and everyone else).

Actually, if I keep removing and saving the backups, as soon as I get some weird behaviour I should double click on .reg file (in order to replace all the last deleted registry files) and then see if problem persists, am I thinking right?

Pedro