New IDE Hard Drives

Derek891

I'm refurbishing my old P3 desktop and came across a website that has new IDE drives at very reasonable prices and with 1 year warranties. Anyone who is pursuing a similar project might want to look here:

http://www.goharddri...tegory-s/23.htm

I've already ordered the 120GB Maxtor for $19.95 US. Hopefully it will last as long as my original 20GB Maxtor, which is 14 years old and still working well (I have just jinxed myself by saying that :wacko:). The only problem is, it's getting a little short on capacity, that's all.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

I have two other machines that I use on a day to day basis. It has Win98SE installed and is not connected to the net. I use it to run Photoshop and use the scanner and printer I bought back then. HP has newer drivers for the printer, but newer drivers for the scanner are not available. Add to that the masochistic pleasure I got from dealing with Win98SE, and it's a match made in heaven. :lol:

Edit: Actually, part of the pain was self-inflicted. It was my first computer, I didn't know any better, so I followed Microsoft's guidelines for 98SE and installed 32MB of memory. What a mistake! All you had to do was look at it the wrong way, or sneeze, and you had a BSOD staring you in the face. I ended up installing 256MB of memory, all the problems went away, and I actually began to enjoy using that machine.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields