Advanced WindowsCare

berdy

http://www.iobit.com/WindowsCare.htm

Slow down, freeze and blue-screen crash are over. Advanced WindowsCare thoroughly examines the Windows system, accurately detects the bottlenecks for slowing down and crashing, fixes these problems and repairs Windows. All work will be done with 30 seconds and 1 click. The intuitive interface makes Advanced WindowsCare the perfect tool for Non-IT professionals

iv downloaded this and it said i had 5 problems with ms office when it isnt installed seems a tad dodgy.... will wait to see what others think before i use it

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

I downloaded it today (I'm a chump for freeware!), ran the cleaner and it found about thirty some problems. I don't even have MS Messenger installed anymore and it found five problems with it. I've rerun it twice now and it hasn't found anything so it isn't to bogus. I haven't allowed it to optimize because my computer already flies. Did it really help? I don't know!

• Moderators

Hmm, I'll wait for someone else to be the tester of it and post results, etc., they should change the name as it seems too similiar to Microsoft's Windows OneCare Live which could possibly confuse some folks. Their website was a tad bit annoying and distracting although it was interesting strange seeing active snowflakes for the first time on a webpage.

snowflakes shows on IE browser not FF. I have already tested it but interested in reading other opinions. I have two laptops their installation are really messy and dying. so I had nothing to lose by giving it a wirl on them. both computers now bootup and shutdown cleanly and fast. but didn't notice any speed regarding applicatios.

there is no danger at all if one wants to test a software any software, the better way is to

1-install the software through an uninstaller like totaluninstall (the last free version suffices).don't worry restart if prompts to do so, you will find totaluninstall is waiting too. Now if some thing goes wrong the software can be uninstalled from totaluninstall not from add/remove, the reason is that totalunistall will not only uninstall BUT revert every thing including registry. OR

2- turnoff system restore and turn it on again just before installing the software in this way you make sure that system restore won't messup any thing if a restore is desired and to get a restore point that puts the computer back to where it was 100%.

3-although method 1 is enough by it self because totaluninstall will uninstall even the most corrupted installation effeciently . Alternatively,you can backup the registry by using the excellent standalone (zip file) tool ERUNT, in this case uninstall normally (through add/remove) and roll registry back

4- if your heart is still beating fast then do 1 and 2 above in sequence. I only use totaluninstall. system restore is off always. however, I do turn it on before testing.