Strange Photograph

Mike Rochip

This picture is making my brain hurt :huh:!

My question is: Is that a full size truck in the foreground?

sinkhole7yf.jpg

If you zoom in it looks like a real truck but I'm not positive. If it is, then it would appear the 2 people in the background would have to be about 12 feet tall. The thumbnail links to a larger image.

sinkholelarge3lf.th.jpg

Also, I honestly believed that the Spirit of Titanic Snow Globe had to be the tackiest thing imaginable. I had seen it on eBay and thought it must be the tackiest thing in the world if not the universe. Wrong! It's not even the tackiest thing on eBay. Not even close. In fact, it's not even the tackiest thing the seller below is offering. I thought it couldn't get any worse but then I noticed the counter at the bottom of the page which seems to indicate that I'm the only person in the world looking at it! I have to go now so I can find a thesaurus to look up another word for 'tackiest' so next time I won't have to use it six thousand times in one posting.

eBay.com

It's a full-size truck in the background. If you look carefully, the upper right corner of the cab is obscured by the pavement supporting the two people. The truck is close to the pouring water.

I found another photo from a different perspective:

050223castorm62ou.jpg

Obviously, you were right. I'm guessing the photographer was using a strong telephoto lens from some distance away. Looking at the first photo though still seems like a bizarre optical illusion to me. Of course, in my case most things do :blink:.

There are quite a few other photos of the damage done by the same storm which show the incredible damage it caused, including a car that hydroplaned into a tractor-trailer that has to be seen to be believed.

stevequayle.com

Mr. Rochip,

Fake dog doo, brand named "Naughty Fido!" was available in Britain at least 60 years ago. (Excellent quaility - sure to confuse.) The "new world" is catching up! :P

And just what were you consuming when you attempted to analyse the perspective in that picture? 12' men in the background - holy J. Molloley! :wacko:

Really enjoying your humourous posts and the various curiosities you present. Keep them coming!

Mr. Rochip,

Fake dog doo, brand named "Naughty Fido!" was available in Britain at least 60 years ago. (Excellent quaility - sure to confuse.) The "new world" is catching up! :P

Hmmm... Your quote got me thinking. I figured if your crap technology is as advanced as you say, maybe you guys would have a similar item I've been looking for. Sure enough, did a search, and there it was, exactly what I've been hoping to find :)!

ebayscreenhunter0026ts.jpg

Luckily I read it more carefully and saw it wasn't exactly what I wanted, I'd much prefer empty ones :mellow:.

Maybe I shouldn't be so picky and settle for these anyway ;).

I think eBay's translation muddled things up a bit:

ebayscreenhunter0038kn.jpg

I know when I try to translate English to English it all sounds like French (NO!! I MEANT GREEK!) to me.

<<French is one of the words that triggers the Bush/Cheney/NSA ElectroCyberSquad into action>>

Anyway you guys may have excelled in crap technology but WE invented CCleaner!

ebayscreenhunter0040hg.jpg

LONDON?!? Oh bloody 'ell :angry:

And to think I was naive enough to actually take the time and click the link...

...What a silly fool I am. That is absolutely grotesque. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Mr Rochip, you say;

"..........if your crap technology is as advanced as you say .........."

If? We RULE!

STATE OF THE ART!

I clicked the link too. That's disgusting! Tell me you found that on accident.

:o

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Ever wonder about the shape of poo? You know,goats and rabbits are round pills, bovine poo is a big plop, some are weiners, and others are winners. What gives here?

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

This thread went way off topic! From perception to excretion ......... now you've come in with perception of excretion!

You may wish to follow your interest in animal defecation HERE!

As to shape, "what gives" is diet, bowel structure and retention time. A human may go "round pills", nutty lumps, "big plop", "weiners", splitters, cables, splatterers, liquid surge and, as you so poetically put it, "winners". Isn't this part of what makes us superior to mere animals? They tend toward rather monotonous patterns.

For animal enthusiasts, a handy key chain HERE.

Any questions? More info?

(I thought not!)

This thread went way off topic! From perception to excretion ......... now you've come in with perception of excretion!

You may wish to follow your interest in animal defecation HERE!

As to shape, "what gives" is diet, bowel structure and retention time. A human may go "round pills", nutty lumps, "big plop", "weiners", splitters, cables, splatterers, liquid surge and, as you so poetically put it, "winners". Isn't this part of what makes us superior to mere animals? They tend toward rather monotonous patterns.

For animal enthusiasts, a handy key chain HERE.

Any questions? More info?

(I thought not!)

I've learned my lesson. I'm not clicking on your links anymore. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

So... yeah... the truck picture is pretty cool, Mike Rochip.

trying to think non-excretory thoughts

ding, ding!

Don't click it krit86lr! It's a trap!

ding, ding!

lokoike,

"trying to think non-excretory thoughts"?

So is that owl that you wipe with!

lol, love the owl ccrank; you are forgiven for all of your crap. :D

ding, ding!

...but fear I am still "full of it"! :rolleyes:

Aren't we all? :P

ding, ding!