Declined Google offers still installed

jmkc702

Hello moderator, I am having a similar issue. My browser is i.e and my system is windows 8. My old homepage was "msn". After downloading cc cleaner and checking the "decline boxes" for "set toolbar for blah blah" and "change homepage to blah blah" I was surprised to see that cc cleaner still installed that "toolbar" and changed my "homepage" even after I declined the offer. I don't wish too remove cc cleaner from my pc, but now I am unable to change my homepage to anything else. Please help me. Im no expert, but I read that it may be due to spyware. My pc is brand new out of the box since yesterday 3-5-2013 and the first thing I did was download cc cleaner (as I have used it in the past on another pc of mine). Cc cleaner was the only thing I have downloaded so far. What gives? Help. :/

• Moderators

Your post about the declined Google offers was moved here into it's own topic since posting it in that other persons topic was considered "hijacking" since it had nothing to do with it.

After downloading cc cleaner and checking the "decline boxes" for "set toolbar for blah blah" and "change homepage to blah blah" I was surprised to see that cc cleaner still installed that "toolbar" and changed my "homepage" even after I declined the offer.

Either you are badly mistaken, or this is another instance of the utter folly of Win 8

On Windows 7 there are no vacant "decline boxes" waiting for you to check.

Instead there are pre-checked "INSTALL" boxes that you need to UN-check.

• Moderators
or this is another instance of the utter folly of Win 8

nope I've install ccleaner in 8 said no to the questions and had no install of extras

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com