Science Myths - Fact and Fiction

Mike Rochip

I thought this was an interesting site:

Livescience.com

IMO, I thought this was the most surprising true one:

Eating a poppy seed bagel mimics opium use

Purveyors of this urban legend call on a popular Seinfeld episode for support. It turns out there's truth behind the comedy: tests suggest ingesting just two poppy seed bagels may produce a positive result for opiates on a drug screen.

:o

Purveyors of this urban legend call on a popular Seinfeld episode for support. It turns out there's truth behind the comedy: tests suggest ingesting just two poppy seed bagels may produce a positive result for opiates on a drug screen.

:lol:

I think they did that on mythbusters and said it was 'plausible, but unlikely'... or maybe it was true... :mellow:

Just bookmarked that site; they've got some interesting articles.

I liked the glowing pig one. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

What's sad about this is that many of those who use urinalysis to screen employees refuse to believe it. I told one guy about all the things that could produce false positives, he denied them all. (I wasn't applying for a job, this was in the local Eagles lounge). He absolutely insisted that those tests are reliable, wouldn't even listen.

What's sad about this is that many of those who use urinalysis to screen employees refuse to believe it. I told one guy about all the things that could produce false positives, he denied them all. (I wasn't applying for a job, this was in the local Eagles lounge). He absolutely insisted that those tests are reliable, wouldn't even listen.

Nothing is completely reliable, and especially not that stupid polygraph (a.k.a. lie detector) machine.