Hide WinApp2 ini

Alana

WinApp2.ini has a long list of things that it cleans.

Sometimes I need them, sometimes I don't.

Wish I can toggle WinApp2.ini on or off under advanced options, depending on my need.

Maybe make CCleaner skip checking WinApp2 when it is "off", & also treat it as "off" when you have nothing checked true yet.

Because I have nothing checked (yet) & CCleaner still checks every item in WinApp2 (I think) because it takes a long time to load vs no WinApp2 file.

• Moderators

winapp2 is an optional personal file. The file included in the forum is meant to be a guide and a way for users not to have to figure out how to clean what another user has already figured out.

That said you could create a batch file that renames winapp2 so the program doesn't see it. @Alan_B has a simular batch file. He also has one posted in the forum and downloadable from winapp2's website called Trim which will remove un-needed entries.

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Trim.bat is a good idea for speed regardless as to whether or not you're using the entries within often, just because it makes it a lot faster.

An internal tick for "disable loading of winapp2 rules" is interesting, but all the same you could

• Rename winapp2.ini

• Move winapp2.ini out of the folder

• Set up 2 installations of CCleaner, with and without the ini, have separate shortcuts for both.

Trim.bat is a good idea for speed regardless as to whether or not you're using the entries within often, just because it makes it a lot faster.

An internal tick for "disable loading of winapp2 rules" is interesting, but all the same you could

• Rename winapp2.ini

• Move winapp2.ini out of the folder

• Set up 2 installations of CCleaner, with and without the ini, have separate shortcuts for both.

Yes, that is correct, I suppose.

I had hoped that I can include WinApp2.ini in portable CC folder, & CC will ignore it unless I check any entries.

Instead, CC checks the entire list, whether anything is checked or not.

Which is why I was wondering if there could be added a checkmark box to enable/disable WinApp2.ini

I am aware of the methods you list, but I just figured it would be both smaller & less confusing to have 1 CC folder instead of 2 or 3 of them.

And I thought that it would be great to be able to enable it when I need it, but disable it for normal cleaning jobs.