Custom keyboard shortcut not closing CCleaner

Hi all,

New here, so please show some forgiveness! :rolleyes:

I've installed a small utility called Clavier+ (here, for those who want to try it) on my Win8 Pro machine to emulate Alt-F4 when actually pressing Ctrl-Q.

In XP and Win7, I used to map it to Win-Q, same as Command-Q in OS X, for the sake of a system-wide usability, but any action on the Win key in Win8 will trigger the infamous Modern UI menu, so I reverted to Ctrl-Q, and this Ctrl-Q combo does close any running application (it even does it with the whole system if I click on the Desktop first), but none of the Piriform products I have installed, namely, CCleaner, Defraggler and Speccy.

Strangely, Alt-F4 alone WILL close CCleaner, but not my Control-Q-mapped-to-Alt-F4 combo.

Maybe this has already been debated (a quick search on this forum didn't net me any return, but I may have rushed things). Have you guys seen anything like this?

• Moderators

[guess]maybe control q is already mapped in ccleaner and program maps supersede Clavier [/guess]

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com